Help with stripes!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone please give me some tips on how to use a striping brush?ie how to hold how much paint to load brush with.

This is the only aspect of nail art i am yet to master and try as i might i just cant get the hang of it!

Many thanks,

Lousie x

H Louise

Try not to load the brush up with to much paint and i always start off the nail and finish off the nail too...the finger is easier to clean !! Long steady strokes is the key for me.:wink2:

Vicky xx

louise said:
Hi,

Could anyone please give me some tips on how to use a striping brush?ie how to hold how much paint to load brush with.

This is the only aspect of nail art i am yet to master and try as i might i just cant get the hang of it!

Many thanks,

Lousie x

Hi Louise,

another tip that I find useful is to dip the brush in water before the paint to make it damp, you should not pick up too much paint then, HTH

Sarah

when i first used a striping brush i tried to paint the stripes on, dont know if you do this? but try flicking the stripes if that makes sense? so that the brush almost starts the wrong way round and then straightens up and then goes the other way (hard to imagine) you are probably doing this already, not everyones dumb like me LOL!!

...and always do a clean sweeping motion, don't hesitate whilst striping...

If you are not happy with the effect then wipe it off and start again...I do when needed...htp

Latest posts

Back