Help with toning!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L119

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a Beauty Therapist not a hairdresser so have come into this forum to ask for your help please!

I had my hair highlighted yesterday, its usually a base 4, I had bloned and copper bits put through and overall i like it, however there are a few bits, particuarlly on the top of my head that are really blonde and yellowy. I just wanted to have lighter brown bits through my hair to break it up from being so dark.

So... I think i need to put a toner on it to tone down the blonde - is that correct? I really want to do it today and don;t have time to go to hairdressers, so was just going to nip to Boots (I know I should to a professional but I want it done today)

Any advice/help/tips you can offer me before I buy anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
carly x

Hey... My advice would be see a hairdresser, toning your hair can go so wrong and you could end up with patchwork hair.. were not allowed to recommend DIY jobbies.
good luck
xox

Hi, I'm a Beauty Therapist not a hairdresser so have come into this forum to ask for your help please!

I had my hair highlighted yesterday, its usually a base 4, I had bloned and copper bits put through and overall i like it, however there are a few bits, particuarlly on the top of my head that are really blonde and yellowy. I just wanted to have lighter brown bits through my hair to break it up from being so dark.

So... I think i need to put a toner on it to tone down the blonde - is that correct? I really want to do it today and don;t have time to go to hairdressers, so was just going to nip to Boots (I know I should to a professional but I want it done today)

Any advice/help/tips you can offer me before I buy anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
carly x

If it goes wrong could cost you more long term to get a professional to correct it!!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

It sounds like the stylist who did your hair did not use a toner....this is generally a step that incurrs an additional small cost, but Im sure if you called her up and explained she would be more then happy to throw a toner on it for you, as it's her reputation on your head! A simple quick thing.

Thanks everyone - I've taken your professional advice and called her up, she is coming tonight and is going to put a toner on for me x

Latest posts

Back