Help with wording my sign regarding walk ins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I have a home based business that does well enough but slows down in the winter months like most places. However, I want to redo my sign at the road to say something like walk ins by chance. Keep in mind that my big sign on my lawn says by appointment only. I always have a little sign like a real estate sign size advertising different specials. On my slower days I would like to have more business without the commitment of being here all the time. So I guess what I'm saying is I need words on that little sign so if they pull up and walk all the way to the back of the house and I'm not here they can't be pissed, ya know?
What do you all think? Will this upset my current clients when I'm with them and a walk in pops in? I'm thinking it will but I want to be busier.

Thanks for reading!
aj

Could you maybe have a changeable sign that could say "walk in appointments available until 1pm" or "no walk ins appointments available until 2.30pm" (for example)?

"walk-ins welcome subject to availability"

"appointment are not always necessary, please enquire within"

"last minute appointments are occasionally available"

Just some thoughts
E xx

Could you have a sign made with walk in's on it and a changeable piece or chalkboard area to put on after 2 or something or welcome etc... Xoxo

How about a sign like a bed and breakfast. Vacancies/no vacancies.

Last min appointments now available/not available

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all that responded...I have on occasion when feeling like it put out a sign that said walk ins today so that people know it's just today. I have a huge sign that states I work by appt only.

This works but I'm looking for a permanent sign that will read like by appointment or chance. Meaning you take the chance I'm free or even open for that matter. Does that sound clear enough. Right now when I'm with clients I am open and when a client leaves, the door is locked until my next client.

I love the freedom I have working by appt only but feel sometimes extra business may not be a bad thing but I don't want the commitment of being open say 9-5.

Keep the thoughts coming, much appreciated:D

If you want walk in's id say you need to put up opening times and stick to them.
If you just want it as and when an a board or hanging notice to cover your by appointment only sign.

There's always the option of having "by appointment only unless otherwise stated"
Xoxo

Thanks for all the help guys!

Could you make a sign to hook underneath your sign in garden, that is like a chalk board and use a chalk pen so it doesn't wash off as easy with rain, but not committed to same hours everyday! So the days u were about you could have written outside stand by app available between 10-2!

If not I would redo both your signs so it looks professional and both the same! Good luck

Appointments not always nessacary may do it xoxo

Latest posts

Back