Help!!!...words of wisdom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-lady

Reaction score
:)Hi all, I am due to start doing nails and waxing in a gym (700 women members) for 2 days a week,as i work 3 days a week some where else. I have been doing gel nails for 8 years and my job, (like many of you) is my life, hobbie, i love what i do. I have always done mobile/home based, so have never had a room of my own, but i have worked in a few nails salons. I am getting nervous now...just wondered if any one has got any tips....or advice...or just a kind word!!!lol.

p.s i love this site, i have learnt so much:):)

martine

Sounds great, Go for it. You`ll probably be so busy you wont have time to be nervous. :hug: Good luck with it:):):)

Good luck doll!!! You will love it))) :)

Thanks so much for your kind comments...thinks its nervous excitment!!:eek:

Congratualtions on your new job there at the gym.. My only advise really is to make sure that you are always neat and tidy and you keep your area spotless.
I know when i am flat out all day I am guilty of ending up in a right mess... this does not look good for you or your salon hygiene.. but i am sure that you are aware of all that anyway..

Oh I have worked in a gym too.... make sure that you have PLENTY of baby wipes handy for intimate waxing.. you wil be suprised how many women think it is better to shower after they have had their waxing done!.. nothing better than a woman who has sweated her Ass off for 2 hours and then wants a bikini!...
It might pay to advise them to shower when they make their apt's... plus leave the baby wipes and a fresh tissues/paper towels etc on the waxing bed for them.. they will get the hint.
Have fun :)
Mel

Latest posts

Back