Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ards girl

Reaction score
Please someone help me :eek:
I have not done nail extensions in over ten years but I'm really interested in bringing in the new semi-perm polish, I have been reading about both Shellac and gellish, both sound good and expensive as I need to buy a lamp the gellish being the more expensive?

I have heard the shellac can be a nightmare keeping up with stock demands of is this true? Is it also tue of gellish? I live in Northern Ireland

I don't know which one to go for can someone help me please

Also How difficult or easy is it do? Is it really just like painting on standard polish?

Can't comment on gellish, but can say that shellac is brilliant, well worth putting up with the stock problems. Just goes to show what a great product it is being in such high demand. In my opinion nothing like it on the market, my ladies love it and so so easy to apply.:)

Sorry forgot to say the lamp may be a bit pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.:)

Sorry forgot to say the lamp may be a bit pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.:)

Actually, at under 100.00 the Shellac lamp is one of the least expensive UV lamps on the market but is definitely one of the best. The price is a special offer and the extra features on the lamp are a godsend including multiple timings and a record of the bulb use so you know exactly when to change your bulbs.

If you use Shellac, you need to have the CND UV Lamp to cure it and because of that, CND have made the price of the lamp VERY reasonable.

CND have upped the manufacture of Shellac by 14 times the original estimate as demand is so huge and the stock is available more and more frequently to the suppliers, so the 'nighmare' is now over and like a bad dream you can begin to forget about it .. just make sure you order what you need before you are desperate for it and you should have no problems.

Please someone help me :eek:
I have not done nail extensions in over ten years but I'm really interested in bringing in the new semi-perm polish, I have been reading about both Shellac and gellish, both sound good and expensive as I need to buy a lamp the gellish being the more expensive?

I have heard the shellac can be a nightmare keeping up with stock demands of is this true? Is it also tue of gellish? I live in Northern Ireland

I don't know which one to go for can someone help me please

Also How difficult or easy is it do? Is it really just like painting on standard polish?

You may be looking at the LED lamp for Gelish. This is expensive but cuts down the treatment time significantly. Gelish can be cured by any 36 watt UV lamp.

There haven't been any stock problems with Gelish, and hopefully the issues following the launch of Shellac are easing now. It can't be helped that it proved so popular.

You are, strictly speaking, looking at two different products, because Shellac is a hybrid gel/polish. Why not do a search on here to find out more and see if there are technicians for each near you to that you can try each out?

Thank you for the feed back It is very much appreciatd :)

One thing worrying me is not being able to put it on perfect as nothing less would do.

Is it as easy as putting on nail polish really?

Also can anyone recommend which colours are good sellers if I go down the gellish road?

Last edited:
Thank you for the feed back It is very much appreciatd :)

One thing worrying me is not being able to put it on perfect as nothing less would do.

Is it as easy as putting on nail polish really?

Using Shellac is just as 'easy' as applying polish .. really ... because it is like polish and does not shrink from the edges, but with the benefit of zero dry time like gels. the best of both worlds.

Applying coloured gels (even the thin ones) is a little different as you need to prepare the nails first with some buffing and you need to be very careful of the shrinkage.

Latest posts

Back