help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyoungone

Reaction score
hello everybody i'm new to all this so bear with me but i would like to ask you all a few questions i have never touched on any training for nails before and would like your advice on who to traing with! money is no object as i really want my qualifications but i do have to work full time so i can@t be a full time course please help me! ii live in sussex but am prepared to travel to london on with in the bondaries:rolleyes:

hello everybody please could you tell me what good courses there are for begginers i've been told lots of diffrent ones by many diffrent people but i'm still unsure please tell me of any good courses you have been on and any good advice you can pass on to a young and confussed wannabe nail technition:|

Hi,

if you use the search facility - there have been several threads on this - read them at your leisure and also check in the links section for contact details.

Best bet is to call the companies up and ask what different options they have for courses etc.

thank you for your advice!! i don't want to sound stupid but what does babtac stnd for and is it worth getting and do you know anything about the edge training? theyoungone

Hiya - I am training with creative at the mo & have 1 more day to go i am really happy with what I have learnt & the nails i am producing,
I would also recomend some books i have that have helped me such as the complete nail technician, the encyclopedia of nails & i have just reciently purchased Nail Class by Gigi (you can buy this on geekmart on this site) & this is a brill book too, also i have subscribed to Nails magazine & Scratch Magazine which have loads of info in too, You will learn so much from this site too, good luck xxx

try to get in touch with the major companies in the Uk and ask for a folio or prospectus of training, Creative and EZFlow are good ones to start off with.
If you look in the 'links' section (found under 'Shtuff' at the top of the page) you will find an array of different companies to choose from.
As Fiona said, using the search facility will pay dividends as this question comes up a lot, try searching for 'training', you'll have loads of reading to do :)
hth's

Hiya, Im in brighton.

There are loads of places to train nearby, creative and EZ flow are both in crawley, along with lots of other companies in and around brighton. If your thinking of going down the NVQ/VTCT route then lewes college does a mani/pedi course (12 weeks), followed by an enhancements course (15 weeks) which are held 6-9 on a monday evening. I am doing these at the moment and cant recommend them enough! xx

~shelley~ said:
Hiya - I am training with creative at the mo & have 1 more day to go i am really happy with what I have learnt & the nails i am producing,
I would also recomend some books i have that have helped me such as the complete nail technician, the encyclopedia of nails & i have just reciently purchased Nail Class by Gigi (you can buy this on geekmart on this site) & this is a brill book too, also i have subscribed to Nails magazine & Scratch Magazine which have loads of info in too, You will learn so much from this site too, good luck xxx

thank you for your help i will have a look out for these books. i was considering going with creative but i need to find out about training in my area thank you again xx:biggrin: p.s how do i subscribe to these magazines? xx

holliejayne said:
Hiya, Im in brighton.

There are loads of places to train nearby, creative and EZ flow are both in crawley, along with lots of other companies in and around brighton. If your thinking of going down the NVQ/VTCT route then lewes college does a mani/pedi course (12 weeks), followed by an enhancements course (15 weeks) which are held 6-9 on a monday evening. I am doing these at the moment and cant recommend them enough! xx

thank you i will have a look at lewes and see what availability they have and the cost ect thank you xx

Creative Nail Design 0113 275 5719

Ask to speak t an Academy Advisor ~ they will be happy to send you an information pack.

HUn this is a topic that comes up very frequently, and the choice you make is very important. For me a training provider has to provide the following ...
1. First rate products that give me the results I need and make my life easier
2. First rate training - I prefer short courses from a manufacturer for the following reason. I went to my local college and they really weren't bothered about the quality of teaching, they just passed us all when a lot weren't really up to scratch. They just get the students anyway so they're not that bothered (not saying all FE colleges are like this, but it was in my experience). Private colleges and especially ones asscoiated with the manufacturer of the product want to give you the best training. Afte all you are promoting their product and so if your techniques are bad then it reflects on them.
3. Good customer service. Knowing that someone will be at the end of the phone to give good advice and treat you like an individual, not just another boring person that's interrupted their coffee break!
4. A good career progression with courses to take you further and further in your skills.

I have used LCN for some years and was very happy with them, they are based very near you. However I have recently switched to Creative as I found LCN did not tick box 4 for me, I have done all the LCN courses but still need to go that extra mile to get better and better. But you wouldn't go wrong with either company in my book. Neither are cheap, but in life you get what you pay for.

HTH

i'd go creative all the way chick best ever ive done hoping to do more next year .xx:biggrin:

sassy hassy thank you for your advice! who is lcn and where do they train also how do i get hold of them i'v been told about a trainig company called the edge(alida) do you know of them and are they any good??? STILL VERY UNSURE WANT TO GET THE BEST FOR MY MONEY!!! XXX:|

scarah said:
i'd go creative all the way chick best ever ive done hoping to do more next year .xx:biggrin:
Thank you i looked at creative but did'nt know if you needed a manicure qualification first because i could'nt find a manicure course with them xx:|

Look under links, then Uk distributors and you'll find it under Ligth Concept Nails (LCN). They are based near Hickstead.

geeg said:
Creative Nail Design 0113 275 5719

Ask to speak t an Academy Advisor ~ they will be happy to send you an information pack.
thank you i've spoken to an academy advisor and they are sending me information of courses in my area they were very helpfull. thank you foryour advice i hope this is the course for me xxx

Hi there, Im also looking into training, and to be honest Creative seems the way forward in my opinion from what I have read on here and the brilliant and informative training guide they sent to me. I did also ring another couple of well known nail companies and what I received from one was a printout of a timetable but no other details of prices or what exactly they offer. So that went in the bin I wasnt impressed!! Creative do a foundation course which is the one Im going to enrol on as its for individuals who have no previous experience of nails and the price is around £700 inc vat and I dont think this is badly priced considering the type of training you will be given. I think in the nail industry where training is involved you get what you pay for, I definately wouldnt go on a one day course, as at the end of the day it can take years to master the technique so a good foundation is a necessity. Good luck in your future training.

:biggrin:
paulette said:
Hi there, Im also looking into training, and to be honest Creative seems the way forward in my opinion from what I have read on here and the brilliant and informative training guide they sent to me. I did also ring another couple of well known nail companies and what I received from one was a printout of a timetable but no other details of prices or what exactly they offer. So that went in the bin I wasnt impressed!! Creative do a foundation course which is the one Im going to enrol on as its for individuals who have no previous experience of nails and the price is around £700 inc vat and I dont think this is badly priced considering the type of training you will be given. I think in the nail industry where training is involved you get what you pay for, I definately wouldnt go on a one day course, as at the end of the day it can take years to master the technique so a good foundation is a necessity. Good luck in your future training.
yes i've looked at training with creative and think it's the way i will go to but i've also been told about the edge training and that is also surposed to be goood you can find this info on the capital hair and beauty web site im in two minds as to which one to go with but it will proberly be creative as so many people seem to have trained with them and got good results. i'm scared of making a mistake in my training choice and don't want to waste my money but ti doesn't seem i will if i go with creative. if you know anything about the edge let me know:biggrin: im intertsed to hear mor about themxx

Has any other company won 2 awards for giving the best industry training??
Has any other company won even 1 award for giving the best industry training?

Creative Nail Design have done both.

If I'm spending my 'hard earned' I'm going to spend it where it counts ... on the best.

theyoungone said:
:biggrin: yes i've looked at training with creative and think it's the way i will go to but i've also been told about the edge training and that is also surposed to be goood you can find this info on the capital hair and beauty web site im in two minds as to which one to go with but it will proberly be creative as so many people seem to have trained with them and got good results. i'm scared of making a mistake in my training choice and don't want to waste my money but ti doesn't seem i will if i go with creative. if you know anything about the edge let me know:biggrin: im intertsed to hear mor about themxx

I initially trained in the Edge products but had problems with them and didnt think that the training was as good as it could have been, so have now converted to Creative and their training is far superior in my opinion. The foundation course will cover everything you need to know and the training they give will set you up for life...plus there is a lot of ongoing training that you can do with them at a later date to help you to become the best of the best. I'd definitely go down this road you will not regret it.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back