help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
:| :| hi there i have just passed with star nails, manicure nail art & acrlyic, problem is i dont have many people to practice on,and i want to go mobile dont want to turn up at peoples houses and look stupid . although the nails i have done look quite good:) .

What about purchasing a nail trainer hand?

Friends are always a good source of willing volunteers for nails. Everyone likes something for nothing!! Mention the word model and they'll be queuing up but just make sure you cover the cost of the products you're using. It's a matter of practice, practice and practice a bit more.

Good luck

stars r me said:
:| :| hi there i have just passed with star nails, manicure nail art & acrlyic, problem is i dont have many people to practice on,and i want to go mobile dont want to turn up at peoples houses and look stupid . although the nails i have done look quite good:) .

Practicing on yourself is a good way, I used to do maint once a week when I had no models! and doing your wrong hand is even better for learning to do that perfect smile line...

Or again the nail trainer is good,

But I personally feel there is no subsitution for the real thing... but hell at least the trusty old Nail Trainer won't wiggle and fidget all the time, ask if it can smoke, constantly text, try and change the baby nappy...need I go on (lol) and these are some of the wierd and wonderful things you might and I do mean might come across in the world of mobile. But this is what it makes it so wonderful..

Try family, try your families friends, but remember to charge at least enough to cover your costs say £5.00 min!

PS you could ask on here if there are an voluenteers who live close enough to you

Best of luck.

thanks every one for your replies, sound good advice, brill fab excellant!!!!:D from dianna.

I used to also practise on myself when no models or clients available. Its also a good way to try new things all the time. Just make sure you explain you are only doing freebies for a short time other wise people will take you for a ride. The thing i used to do was only charge a small amount for a full set so at least you were covering costs.

To really build confdence and perfect your skills invest in a Nail Trainer. I promise you it will be worth it !!

Latest posts

Back