Helpful advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently doing my nvq2 hairdressing and we are yet to cover colouring but we have done foil highlights b4 we broke up 4 xmas. While we've been off I have been practising my foil highlights on everyone that would let me. The other day I did my aunties hair (full head of foil highlights using bleach). She is going grey and I normally do her roots medium brown permanent colour that she brings herself.

My question is this, How do I do her roots with the highlights in. Do I do her roots as normal with ther permanant dye, dry it and do the foils again, just at the roots obviously, and only the top section?

Thankyou in advance

Katrine x

There are a number of different techniques you can use. The easiest (although most time consuming) is to do the root tint first, then dry the hair and do the highlights.

Hi,
We have a lot of clients who have their hair foiled and then a full head tint.

I always do my foils first, then flood through with the full head whilst the foils are developing.
If your auntie only has a small re-growth: 1 inch or less, I would just carefully apply the root colour avoiding the hi-lights.
If the re-growth was any longer, I would just do the whole works again. However, I would try to not overlap the colour in the foils and then just touch up the roots in between the foils, otherwise you may over process the hair. Hope this is helpful. :)

Thanks guys, I'll keep all of these methods in mind.

xxx

Latest posts

Back