Herbal Life, anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to add....there are different programmes to go on or move over to, to suit what your end goal actually is. I had a lot of people who were dubious about the initial cost, but everyone has noticed an increase in their bank balance by the end of the month by not buying a sandwich from tescos, a chocolate bar or drink from the garage etc.

This is what I need....my bank statements say KFC and co op too much lol!

I still have to disagree with herbalife, why buy into products that are high in sugar ( the snack bars) and the shakes, soy protein - something women need to avoid !
And for a company to just employ any person to sell their products with little or no training I think this is completely wrong.
To be healthy and loose weight eat healthy and exercise!

I have lost 4 stone over a 2 year period. Why? Because I eat a fraction of the amount I used to eat.

I eat the same things (decent healthy food not bought processed stuff), but rather than having seconds and thirds, I just don't (and cant).

This has made me realise that you can have anything you want providing you only have a small amount. It's will power to do it and stick to it is all :?:

Diets may initially help you shift weight but the moment you stop, it goes back on because what you haven't learnt is how to eat or deal with everyday food on a normal level. I did Lighter Life... Went from 13 stone to 11st 7lbs... Couldn't bare to continue eating and drinking the horrible packet food and the shakes, stopped and went straight back up to just under 14stone! Now I am 10stone 2lbs and eat what ever I want just small amounts.

Exercise obviously helps you too... If you are burning more than your calories in you will also loose. My point is, we all eat too much and way more than we should. Even now I sometimes put too much on my plate knowing that I won't be able to eat it all.. It's a mind set!

Lastly, I had friend who tried to get me into Herbal Life when I lived in the USA. All those damn pills etc that you were supposed to take... I think in anyone's book, eating fresh produce and healthy small amounts, is going to be a damn sight better for you, than chugging pills and Pre-made shakes etc... JMHO and no offence meant to any HL operatives!!!

I still have to disagree with herbalife, why buy into products that are high in sugar ( the snack bars) and the shakes, soy protein - something women need to avoid !
And for a company to just employ any person to sell their products with little or no training I think this is completely wrong.
To be healthy and loose weight eat healthy and exercise!
I agree with the main ethos of this, but I do wish that there wasn't so much scaremongering about soy. Women do not need to avoid all soy like the plague at all.

I agree with the main ethos of this, but I do wish that there wasn't so much scaremongering about soy. Women do not need to avoid all soy like the plague at all.

I totally agree. My family are all healthy vegan/vegetarian. I have been consuming soy for over 15 years. So does my partner and all of my children. It's done us no harm, whatsoever! I've even heard ridiculous theories such as it lowers a mans sperm count and shouldn't be consumed during pregnancy. That's rubbish, as we have 9 children, and I ate soy throughout all if my pregnancies, all carried to full term, and all good birth weights. It's all about eating healthier and cutting out processed foods. Lots of water, fruits, vegetables, nuts and pulses. Our bodies are temples, and must be looked after inside and out. There is so much more harm done by eating meat.

Just to add a little about soy for people suffering with thyroid issues it can be quite goitregenic (not sure if i spelt that right at all!) Its very true for me makes my thyroid swell up really bad but then again thats just my personal experience with soy and my thyroid

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Just to add a little about soy for people suffering with thyroid issues it can be quite goitregenic (not sure if i spelt that right at all!) Its very true for me makes my thyroid swell up really bad but then again thats just my personal experience with soy and my thyroid

I researched that people that already have thyroid problems, should try to avoid soy. It was suggested, if you do consume soy, to leave at least an hour gap between taking any medication, as it could counter react. Other than this, soy is still a healthy option. X

Thanks for that i didnt know about leaving hour gap x

I totally agree. My family are all healthy vegan/vegetarian. I have been consuming soy for over 15 years. So does my partner and all of my children. It's done us no harm, whatsoever! I've even heard ridiculous theories such as it lowers a mans sperm count and shouldn't be consumed during pregnancy. That's rubbish, as we have 9 children, and I ate soy throughout all if my pregnancies, all carried to full term, and all good birth weights. It's all about eating healthier and cutting out processed foods. Lots of water, fruits, vegetables, nuts and pulses. Our bodies are temples, and must be looked after inside and out. There is so much more harm done by eating meat.

Soy in its natural state is fine, however soy is now a billion dollar American industry promoted as a health food a soy is heavily processed.Yes it's fine to eat in small doses just like chips, fizzy dribks etc but if you are serious about losing weight, losing belly far avoid soy like the plague! Therefore how can herbalife justify putting it in their products / bit of a juxtaposition!

Soy in its natural state is fine, however soy is now a billion dollar American industry promoted as a health food a soy is heavily processed.Yes it's fine to eat in small doses just like chips, fizzy dribks etc but if you are serious about losing weight, losing belly far avoid soy like the plague! Therefore how can herbalife justify putting it in their products / bit of a juxtaposition!
Are you a nutritionist? Just curious. As far as I know there is no valid reason to avoid soy, unless as the previous poster said your doctor advises against it because of certain medical issues.

There is SO MUCH misinformation about soy out there. I've never seen a concrete scientific study that backs up what you've said (and I'm vegan so I've read about it a lot) so I'd definitely be interested if you have one you could link to?

I agree with Mrs Geek, I've lost nearly 5 stone in a year and eat what I want, just less of it!

Gonna reiterate again please please please don't use this "diet". Had another docs app this morning discussing the possibility of more surgery thanks to herbalife.

Just cut back and eat healthier, less processed food

Gonna reiterate again please please please don't use this "diet". Had another docs app this morning discussing the possibility of more surgery thanks to herbalife.

Just cut back and eat healthier, less processed food

Can I ask what negative effects you've experienced as a result of Herbalife? PM me if you like. I've just bought a months supply after seeing a friend of mine looking fantastic on it...and now I've read this thread...!

Can I ask what negative effects you've experienced as a result of Herbalife? PM me if you like. I've just bought a months supply after seeing a friend of mine looking fantastic on it...and now I've read this thread...!

I've got approx 140 customers on Herbalife now and not one has had anything negative to say about it :) I have customers with coeliac, diabetes, thyroid problems, etc and its helped every single one of them xx

There's no medical connection to any health problems either, Herbalife is purely just food in a different format :)

There's no medical connection to any health problems either, Herbalife is purely just food in a different format :)

Pika is it food in like a vitamin pill format? I just remember from 1989 / 1990 a friend trying to get me on board and although I bought into doing it as a diet, I didn't have time nor the belief to sell it. I do remember taking about 11 different style pills a day though... I honestly can't remember what was in them but again to reiterate... In a normal world and with normal thinking, good fresh, healthy veg, meat, herbs, fruit etc... Must be better for you?

They say that if you only walked around the perimeter of a supermarket and didn't travel the isles in between, we would be much healthier. The isles in between are the ones that contain the processed stuff... Thought for the day huh!!!

Hiya, no it's mainly the shakes for the food, they are basically full of all the stuff your body needs minus all the chemicals that goes into normal shop bought food. Fibre and herb & multivitamin tablets are taken with each meal (3 tabs, 3x a day) the way Herbalife works is not just to make you lose weight, it's about putting the goodness of everything into your body and making you healthier aswel. The programmes will reduce your visceral fat and also speed up your metabolism so if you decide to stop using it (after a couple of months is ideal) your body will be able to break down everything faster x

The shakes also release slowly throughout the day, which will stop you feeling the need to snack in between meals (although we do say to snack on fruit, nuts, low fat yogurts if you want to)

I did have doubts 5 years ago! I was 215 pounds size 18 after having my second kid, depression set in and I was miserable :( Herbalife was introduced and in 4 months I lost 77 pounds! I have gone through my third pregnancy and a 3rd c-section and my son is now two. I have lost all my pregnancy weight and feel amazing. I dont sell it but I did join as a distributor so that I can buy it discounted. I only take the multivits and cell activator with two shakes a day along with small portions thru the day. I am enjoying life in a size 6-7 jeans :)

Sorry only just seen this.

In October I had my gallbladder removed. It was chock full of gallstones created when I was on herbalife. When admitted as an emergency and scanned the surgeon asked about my diet and I said herbalife he told me he had lost count of the number of people that he had seen with stomach complaints after doing herbalife.

I now am on medication for ibs again they say caused by herbalife and my mother is allergic to so many foods after doing it and covered head to foot with eczema that she is struggling to control that her dermatologist says was more than likely triggered by herbalife.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back