Heres My Disclaimer For When Salon Opens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am totally with Marian on this one....

To echo her words we are not doctors or solicitors or suchlike and does all this quasi-legal documentation really come under a nail technicians remit?

If you as a technician are fully qualified and experienced and are able to deal with any such "incidents" should they occur then I do not see the reason for "scaremongering" and buck-passing.

Education is the key here, both for the technician and the client.

I get what both Oceania and Mum are saying but here is my point of view.

I have a disclaimer kinda to show those dodgy clients out there who are only after a freebie that they can't pull thier crap with me. I have tried educating clients on what to and not to do, some it works for and then some it doesn't.

Since I have been asking everyone to sign my disclaimer, it's amazing how I no longer have people presenting with damaged nails from picking!

If I had done something wrong, then fair enough,,,,,SUE ME, i know my piece of paper won't hold up in court, but i'm so confident in my practices that I'm sure this will never happen. I'm not being cocky, Im just positive I follow all the correct steps and provide all the relevent information.

If I had someone comeback to me 1-2 days after applying enhancements and they "claimed" that they just came off, i would check to see what damage is done to the nail plate and if there is none, then obviously i have done something wrong and I would fix them free of charge, but after weeks and weeks of having nails on and then all of a sudden they "just came off" I would be very cautious in believing my client!

It's just kinda a little bit of a warning, like hey, just cause I work from home, doesn't make me dodgy, inexperienced, or dumb so don't pull your crap.......But said in a nice way of course!

i think that was worded great there is no room for miss understandings

thatsnoicenailz said:
I get what both Oceania and Mum are saying but here is my point of view.

I have a disclaimer kinda to show those dodgy clients out there who are only after a freebie that they can't pull thier crap with me. I have tried educating clients on what to and not to do, some it works for and then some it doesn't.

Since I have been asking everyone to sign my disclaimer, it's amazing how I no longer have people presenting with damaged nails from picking!

If I had done something wrong, then fair enough,,,,,SUE ME, i know my piece of paper won't hold up in court, but i'm so confident in my practices that I'm sure this will never happen. I'm not being cocky, Im just positive I follow all the correct steps and provide all the relevent information.

If I had someone comeback to me 1-2 days after applying enhancements and they "claimed" that they just came off, i would check to see what damage is done to the nail plate and if there is none, then obviously i have done something wrong and I would fix them free of charge, but after weeks and weeks of having nails on and then all of a sudden they "just came off" I would be very cautious in believing my client!

It's just kinda a little bit of a warning, like hey, just cause I work from home, doesn't make me dodgy, inexperienced, or dumb so don't pull your crap.......But said in a nice way of course!

I completely agree.I am trying to cover any angle with this to prevent the dodgey clients to begin with.

mum said:
OK Geeks, so here's another angle.

I don't have any disclaimer and never have. My personal view is that itemising what 'could' go wrong almost tells your client that you are aware it could go wrong and you take no responsibility.

If the worst happened and a technician got sued, how would such a disclaimer stand up in court?

In my view the most important things are to follow a very strict professional working practice, educate every client on all aspects and provide a good, realistic aftercare leaflet.

We deal with the public and there will always be those that 'try it on'.

BTW rebalancing anothers nails is not a good practice as you don't know whats under there!

Hi,
I'm not planning to use this disclaimer in court rather just to put off those clients that will try it on.Unfortunately there are a lot of them in my area,fact i've worked in a local salon.
Also i'm quite interested in "not rebalancing another techs work" for exactly the same reasons as pointed out here but have been told by another industry professional to never turn down any type of work.Confused!!?? now.
I don't particularly like rebalancing a set of mma nails but by doing so i hope i'm showing how nice my work is and educating the public at the same time...but!!???

crazysaz said:
loving the name btw babes, when do you open?

Hi honey,
Hope business is going well for you!Glad you like the name its not set in stone yet as i have to check there are no more salons named that near me.

Hopefully will be open last week jan/first week feb as the local committee are not meeting to discuss my change of use untill 12th january.Like whats to discuss!!??

Latest posts

Back