Here's one up to training and beating the NSS salons for me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
I have to confess that I do read a lot on here about how unfair eBay is and how can we beat NSS salon prices and timings.

Here is a little story to give newbies confidence.

This week I got a phone call from a lady on recommendation (I don't advertise as of yet).

Anyway she had seen my nails on a friend of hers and wanted an infil from me. She usually used the local NSS salon. OMG I thought here we go I will never compare to them. They are always packed in there lots of people use them.

Well suffice to say I went round there. Firstly she was a little confused about my client record card, then realisation dawned that she had never been asked any sort of medical history. But by far my best discovery was her nails. Ok they had not been drilled to death which was a pleasant find but oh dear Egyptian hat was obviously fashionable at that bar. Also a nice little sprinkling of lifting and nice thick free edges. No finding of MMA, again pleasantly surprised.

I soaked off one broken nail then infilled, shaped and painted. She was over the moon. I also explained that my infills were £18 plus £2.00 for every breakage she incurred. The nail bar were much cheaper. Again she said she was not bothered.

I'm a relative newbie (of 18 months) and I've done a better job than my local NSS. The NSS which told my client she had gel, when she had L + P. That don't ask any medical or personal details and some of whose nail techs don't have a clue how to shape a nail. But all I care about is that all my dedication and training is finally paying off.

So the moral of my story is this. I know untrained cheap techs doing nails for a fiver are a pain, together with NSS nail bars and people who sell our stuff on eBay. BUT we are a dedicated group of passionate professionals who will triumph in the end. Yes it's only one client I have got from them but it's a start and she will spread the word.

Concentrate on being the absolute best you can and forget about NSS, eBay and the like, it will give you heartburn.

:hug: to you all my professional friends and good luck xxxxx

What a great thread and very well said. :)

WEll done this is so nice to hear .make it all worth while .

Im the same as you i don't advertise just word of mouth ,I had my biggest chalange on fri gel toes and nno on my friends mother she is very very fussy and to say as i was scared was a understament but not only was she ahppy with them she commented on hoe much knowledge I had and the fact that i didnt hurt when i lightly buffed her nail when doing prep .Im so glad I went as it gave me a boost .So keep at what you do training and knowledge:lick: wins everytime

Thank you ladies. I just felt I had to say this. I completely agree that all the underhand goings on really irk me too but I've decided to let them get on with it. It is wasted energy and very self destructive to oneself.

Let's all concentrate on being better at what we do. I have trained with NVQ, CND Liza Smith and Justine Crick and Nubars Tigi and I have gained knowledge from all of them.

They can only teach me the fundamentals of nails it's up to me to use this information and learn from it. What is the old saying you can lead a horse to water. However I'm a strong believer and you can't beat good training tho that is equally important.

If I had a pound for every client that said to me " wow it didn't hurt" or why do you fill in a client card etc, I wouldn't have to work. But I love it when they do. I love it when they text the person who gave them my number and say goodness doesn't she know a lot about nails. LOL they should meet Geeg!!
She would blow their socks off.

So let's spread a motto we can all live by mine is gonna be :

TRAINING WORKS :biggrin:
MOANING IRKS :irked:

Good luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back