Hi do I have to do level 3 in hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smith.

Reaction score
Do I have to do level 3 in hair I am currently just qualified in level 2 and balmain hair extensions I need some advice on what to do please

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

No decent salon would really employ you and a more senior member of stay with out it!! Is isnt a must have it just depends how far up the laser you want to get!!

I am only level 2 but I was given a job rather than a level 3 stylist as I qualified in an apprenticeship not full time college!! Depends on what you did

I am qualified in loads of treatments and I wanted to add hairdressing to my list so this is why I have done it I am not sure what to.do now I would like to do my level 3 but I have been in college for years doing courses I want to own my own buisness in the end but I will do mobile first to save money I am stuck I don't no what to do I need help

I am only level 2 but I was given a job rather than a level 3 stylist as I qualified in an apprenticeship not full time college!! Depends on what you did

In this case ye most salons will pick a apprenticeship over college!

I think it's up to you if your plan is to work for yourself then I don't think it will matter you no how good you are and you might find just doing some extra courses through your rep will be better for you! Xx

I am qualified in loads of treatments and I wanted to add hairdressing to my list so this is why I have done it I am not sure what to.do now I would like to do my level 3 but I have been in college for years doing courses I want to own my own buisness in the end but I will do mobile first to save money I am stuck I don't no what to do I need help

how old are you?
if you still get level 3 for free, and you have the time to attend i think you should do it..
when i did mine, assessor qualifications was built in with level 3, so know i have my own salon i can mark off my apprentices assessments..

in my area level 3 is seen to be standard requirements and most employers ask for this when advertising a job vacancy..

hth xx

I always think level 3 shows a greater level of commitment to the subject. You must enjoy it to want to progress. You get more technical knowledge at level 3, like the last reply said, if you have time and it's free for you, you have nothing to lose.

I'm 32 so I always pay for the courses I don't no wat to do called college yesterday they are now saying there full ...

Hiya,
I would try and find a salon that is looking for a junior stylist and sign up for your level 3 for next year.

Also ring the college and ask if you would be able to enroll if any one drops out of te course.

I do think in an industry as competative as this one you need all the qualifications and experience you can get. X

Last edited:
I have left my number at the college and I hope to find a job but its so hard

I'm 32 so I always pay for the courses I don't no wat to do called college yesterday they are now saying there full ...

oh well i wouldn`t pay for it then, i felt level 3 only taught me the stuff i knew already but i wanted the qualification.. and you defo cant beat experience..

my advise is if you want your own salon and your determined to succeed, go mobile, then at least you will have clients to take with you, and then go from there..

xx

you defo cant beat experience...

my advise is if you want your own salon and your determined to succeed, go mobile, then at least you will have clients to take with you, and then go from there..

I'd agree, but maybe do 6 months - a year in a salon to learn the salon tricks of the trade as opposed to the edited college tricks! Lol.

I'd agree, but maybe do 6 months - a year in a salon to learn the salon tricks of the trade as opposed to the edited college tricks! Lol.

Totally agree!

Thanks ever so much for your posts so I shud work in a salon first phoned loads already no joy

definately!!! hairdressing in a college is different to in a salon, just by being in the salon pick up hints and tips.
i did my level 3 and am glad i did it, just because it gave me a confidence boost when going for jobs or even doing my clients, nice to know u have all the knowledge available :)

Ok so should I just work in a salon its so hard as they are all asking for a level 3

Latest posts

Back