Hi Everyone and would like some advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elles

Reaction score
Hi

I thought I should introduce myself properly as I think I will be on here alot from now on! I also Have a quick question too x

My Name is Ellie and I am a fully qualified beauty therapist level 3 with 5 years exp.

When I did my level 3 Beauty, one Unit was Enhance appearance of natural nails using artificial nail techniques where we covered l&p and fiber glass wraps and knowlege of gel. I wasn't very good although I enjoyed it all the same. We only offer Jessica manicures/pedicures where I work so I didn't really get into the nail ext side until 1 year ago I went to an NSI trainer to do a gel workshop to see if I was better. I really enjoyed it but then fell pg with my second child and all practising went out of the window. Unil now that is!

Gracie is now 7 months and I go back to work 1 day a week in January but I want to do my nails mobile, along with my spray tanning. The question is....

What do you tend to offer your clients? My plan was to offer gel or fiberglass on white or natural well-less, pre-etched tips. Then when they grow out remove and re-apply a new set.
Would you class that as "cutting corners" and do you think I should work on using two colour gel for the french look instead of white tips?
My Trainer said I should look into the drilling course to learn how to drill out product and re-fill.

We didn't cover any of this all those years ago at college. Things have moved on so much I feel a bit overwhelmed by what I should be able to do and what isn't necessary

I hope this makes sense. Nails won't be my full time job(that's my kids lol) but I still want to be a really good Nail technician!

Any advice appreciated

Love Elles x x:)

first thing is first....welcome ellie to the geeky gang....!!!!!!...why not do gel and fibre glass?that way you are going to get more client,s as you can offer more of your service,s.....it,s up to you basically what you offer and how you do your service...even though your mobile it,s still YOUR business.(i work from home and have tried gel but it does not like me!!!!!)...as for the drill....if you want to learn how to do the drill then my advice is go and do a course....i think the drill,s are not the problem....it,s the people using them that is! hope that all help,s you... welcome again and good luck when you start in january xxxx

Hi SJ

Thank you for your reply, you're right is is up to me how I do things, I Find clients prefer these kind of tips, and I find it quicker .I'm also not keen on blending tips as I'm scared i'll be filing the natural nail too much in the process no matter how hard I try (takes practice I guess) so these tips are great for me. When I go back in January it's to the salon as a beauty therapist but I'm hoping to get my mobile nails and Tans started now to catch some christmas clients.

I'll look into the drill course but I'm not sure if it's for me-probably won't be much call for it.

How did you know when you were good enough to start charging full price for your nails?
I still feel a bit of a begginer so to charge for my nails seems very daunting!

Love Elles x x

Why don't you book a refresher day with your tutor?
It might help rebuild your confidence and address anything you find tricky... then you won't need to feel worried about charging for your services.
Did you train with Denise Wright?

Yes but only my gel nails and nail Art and not with Denise personally but at her academy. They are all so very good there and train to a very high standard which is why I I feel a bit "not good enough" yet!

The training was brilliant but I guess it's up to me to practise practise practise

I think I'm going to go on the trouble shooting course after christmas so someone can have a look at my enhancements and give me pointers etc

I might post some photo's on here to get opinions from you guys

Love Elles x x

I think that's a good plan.
Good luck babes. Oh, and welcome to the site btw!! :hug:
Yes but only my gel nails and nail Art and not with Denise personally but at her academy. They are all so very good there and train to a very high standard which is why I I feel a bit "not good enough" yet!

The training was brilliant but I guess it's up to me to practise practise practise

I think I'm going to go on the trouble shooting course after christmas so someone can have a look at my enhancements and give me pointers etc

I might post some photo's on here to get opinions from you guys

Love Elles x x

Latest posts

Back