Hi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugg73

Reaction score
I'm new to the site but also to the beauty world!! I'm a civil servant and have been for over 23 years - I hate it.

The time has come to make a change and I start my Level 2 course in September!! :green: I'm so excited but also nervous about such a change in career. I've done really well in the Civil Service but nervous that I might be rubbish at Beauty Therapy!

welcome to sg and the beauty world!

if you want it enough and are professional then nothing is stopping you, the only person that can make you rubbish is you!! x

Very best of luck. I had a career change at the age of about 37, so know how you feel. Learn all you can, and pick the brains of anyone and everyone you can who has knowledge of the beauty industry.

And practise, practise practise! You might feel as though youre not good at something at first but lots of practise and experience with different clients will get you there.
Good luck and enjoy!

Hi
I truly understand how you feel, I worked on a trading floor for 20 years, after having my son (now 3) I got rather fed up with Mickey Mouse and completely changed my career, I qualified 9 months later as a NVQ L2 and loved every minute of it. I met some fabulous girls, of all ages, some mine, others young and was offered a job working for my tutor as she was setting up a new salon and academy.
After moving house, I begged my husband to let me have the summerhouse and this has been insulated, painted and very nearly finished this week.
Carl from Verve designed my logo, business cards & price list which was finalised today (yahhhhh) and I'm planning on opening by the end of August.. Wish me luck. I am very nervous but also very excited, so after a long biography (sorry) believe in yourself, you will love it.
I wish you the very best.
Cathy

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Best of luck!Welcome to the community!

Welc:Dme I'm sure you will do just fine. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back