High lift Goldwell tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlaw

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a Client that is a base 4 and wants highlights with high lift tint( which I have not used) she also wants more of an ash blond and not gold can anyone recommend what shade would be best and would it be an 12 or 11 xx

Yeah don't do it! Base 4 will only go to a 9 if your lucky!

Yeah don't do it! Base 4 will only go to a 9 if your lucky!

Thanks blue I did think this but she insists she has it done and they use l'oreal high lift and they add a powder to it I've never use l'oreal so I don't know,what makes it worse she said she used to be a hairdresser. As u can tell I'm not very confident with blonds x

L'Oréal Highlifts ARNT that great. There good but you wont get a clean lift unless on a base 7+ have read on here that people have added a sprinkle of bleached powder to the highlift. But I would never try it..

Maybe they used majimesche? This has a powder added to it and a tube of colour. Think it's somewhere between a high lift and bleach. Haven't used it for years tho so sorry I can't be any more help. High lift on its own will defo not lift a base 4 to an ashy blonde. Unless the hairdresser used a little bleach powder in the hight lift? I've seen lots of hairdressers do this in the past but I would nicer do it or recommend it. Just trying to think what they've used that would have a powder added to it and those 2 things are all I can think of! Sorry z

That's ment to say never do it! Stupid phone! Lol x

Using bleach then toning will give a much nicer colour

Majimeche lifts up to 5 shades

I would do bleach and toner if she is a base 4 is she adamant about wanting a high lift?

I've done a highlight on a base 4 before but with wella.
I did 30mls 12/81 + 15mls 0/81 with 12%. It comes out a lovely 9/03.
Does gold well have mix tones u could add? And maybe take a test piece and show ur lady what it's going to look like once it's done.

Try explaining to her that bleach isn't gonna damage her hair as you will be mixing it with a low peroxide so it's more gentle. Compare it to the highlight where u will be using 12% to get maximum lift. It might encourage her to listen to the professional. Ex hairdressers are always the worst. They think they know everythin sometimes

I've done a highlight on a base 4 before but with wella.
I did 30mls 12/81 + 15mls 0/81 with 12%. It comes out a lovely 9/03.
Does gold well have mix tones u could add? And maybe take a test piece and show ur lady what it's going to look like once it's done.

Try explaining to her that bleach isn't gonna damage her hair as you will be mixing it with a low peroxide so it's more gentle. Compare it to the highlight where u will be using 12% to get maximum lift. It might encourage her to listen to the professional. Ex hairdressers are always the worst. They think they know everythin sometimes

Thank you all for your advice xx

I add bleach into mine to give it some extra lifting power, but don't use below a base 5, I'd only recommend wellas blondor cream bleach for that

I add bleach into mine to give it some extra lifting power, but don't use below a base 5, I'd only recommend wellas blondor cream bleach for that

Should never be done. It's awful for the hair and the products conflict against eachother.

Bleach removes depth and tone and tints deposit tone.
There's a higher amount of ammonia in a highlight tint to begin with, this is how u get a higher lift compared to normal tint. Blondor contains persulfate which is a form of ammonia. Ammonia in the highlift tint plus amonia in the bleach plus amonia in the peroxide is not good for condition.

Bleach doesn't care what it takes put of thei hair including its strength and moisture. It is recommended to use a low peroxide with bleach. I don't go higher than 6% and normally use pastel more often than not. The slow the lift the better the condition and the nicer the colour. U still get up to 7 levels of lift if u use pastel through to 12%

Majimechisnot a powder, it's a paste consistency mixed equal parts with the cream (or if you run out you can use 10.1/2 1 or 10.1Majirel) with developer. No powder involved

Goldwell neutralites for lifting a natural 4. I would use half violet-ash and half blonding creme ash as a formula for max lift with Goldwell.

Latest posts

Back