high lift gone yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellex

Reaction score
about a month ago i did a clients hair natural base 6 who wanted to be a full head blonde. I used koleston perfect 12/1 with 9% (as stupidly the salon i was then at, now left, had no 12%) it turned out really yellow & had a nightmare getting it the colour she wanted but go there in the end. Its really put me off using high lifts is it just because i used 9% or would it of gone yellow even with the 12? I was new to wella colours and recieved no support! thanks x

I dnt use koleston i use goldwell but all high lift colours should be used with 12% im sure huni thats always what ive done xx

I too would of used 12% but i asked my manager what she would do and she said to use 9% and a toner however it still looked yellow. i did get it sorted which is of course the main thing but now i worry when i have to use high lift tint....just wanted to know if that definately was the reason it went yellow and not colour choice so it wont happen again! :)

i think it was as you used 9%, you get more lift and toning with 12%. Bad that they let themselves run out of 12% isn't it!

I think prob due to not using a 12%, all koleston highlift needs that for correct lift.

U have to use 12% with high lift tint, I personally only use it on base 7 and above.

Hi

yes the first problem is that you didnt used 12% so with 9% it just lifted the base and had shown undercoat of yellow. More over from ur words i can make out the client had strong yellow under lying pigments in her hair. U shd had added 0/66 ( 1.5gms) to full tube of 12/1 to get nice blonde with brown reflect.

U got any prob wid wella, just get in touch...

So did you tell your boss that you needed or had run out of a 12% as it's your bosses responsibility to make sure stock is replenished surely, and using a substitute for a 12% and using 9% won't suffice. Did your boss know you were going to use a 9%? this is gonna sound awful now but I always say you learn my mistakes however I always say colour can be corrected but cutting can't. I don't and toner thats gonna brighten as much as a 12%. Hope it hasn't knocked your confidence though as we all make mistakes just make sure if in doubt leave it out. :)

Latest posts

Back