High lift tint help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee28

Reaction score
I’ve very rarely used high lift tint. I am going to use it alongside bleach highlights to create a multi tonal effect. Can someone explain do the tones such as 12/61 determine the colour result instead of bleaching then toning?

I’ve very rarely used high lift tint. I am going to use it alongside bleach highlights to create a multi tonal effect. Can someone explain do the tones such as 12/61 determine the colour result instead of bleaching then toning?
Depending on the base, you won't get as clean a lift with highlift as you do bleach. 12/61 is great for 7 or lighter really. Usually you'll end up with a slight pinky violet hue to it. 12/89 is one of my favourites and 12/03 is a lovely colour.

Thanks so much for replying I want something a bit pinky I as the picture the client sent me looks slightly that tone anyway. This is the picture so maybe if I done 2 bleach to one 12/61 do you think I would achieve this effect?

Attachments

• B080C2C3-9B51-4E26-ADAF-1E8CF92B968D.jpeg
    B080C2C3-9B51-4E26-ADAF-1E8CF92B968D.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 25
Also this is clients hair now can I put high lift on the pre lightened/bleached hair?

Attachments

• 00EED140-88BA-4F1A-9974-FA773F04F35D.jpeg
    00EED140-88BA-4F1A-9974-FA773F04F35D.jpeg
    688.3 KB · Views: 25
Highlift is basically a bleach and tone in one but the amount of lightener and toning pigment it contains means it will only work well on natural hair of a level 6/7 and above. Anything darker it won’t have enough power to lift it high enough so it’s like using a 10 to tone hair that’s only lifted to a level 8. You’ll still be left with obvious brassyness.

You’re meant to use highlift with 9% or 12% so it will affect porosity if you use it on pre-bleached hair.

Do you have a colour manual you can refer back to? You should be able to download one online from Wella and they’re very detailed and explain how the different lines work so it will help you to choose the right product for the effect you want to achieve.

I'd
Also this is clients hair now can I put high lift on the pre lightened/bleached hair?
I'd say your clients hair is too dark to use highlift tint, and expect a reasonable result. You'd be better off doing a full head bleach highlights lift to at least a 9 if possible and then tone with either colour touch 9/16+10/6 or if the condition is good enough kokeston perfect 2parts 8/96+ 1part 9/16
Hope this will help

I use highlift tint quite often alternate with bleach highlights to create a multi tone effect , remember to use a low volume peroxide with bleach as the high lift can take up to an hour to achieve the maximum lift ,

Latest posts

Back