high lift with wella?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for being here friends - its great to get good advice when you are freelance and have no colleagues to ask.

Right, what would you suggest as the best way to lift a natural base of 6 to a good light blonde using foils? I never seem to reach a good enough lift it was always so easy with a highlighting cap (old style - I know!) yuou could lighten, rinse and lighten again.
I'm planning to use wella but would value your advice on best brand. thanks:o:?:

why cant you use cap?

I use full head colour, i use specialblonde, 12/11 to be precise. I find it lifts and im an auburny 6.

I like Wella high lifts, and I find it lifts well. I do my friend a full head foils of high lift (12/1 and 12%) and a few 6% bleach....ill show u a pic of her hair and its a natural base 6 ..... Welcome to Facebook

im the brunette and shes the blondey :D

Wella highlifts are great. I too usually use 12/1 with 12% for foils, I think on a natural 6 it will lift to a lovely clean blonde.

i used to be wella and now am tigi and am converted, especially with the highlift, they lift to a VERY clean blonde. . . if u find wella a bit brassy they are defo worth a shot as a great competitive alternative x

i might have to give the tigi a shot, i don't know what i'm doing but no matter what 12 i use wella still comes out a bit brassy for me!

will have to look at the tigi myself too,
i find with a base of 6 that wellas/ 12/11 more ideal than the 12/1 just to get rid of those base 6 undertones and not leave the brassiness as highlifts can on a base 6...and leave the wella highlift for the full hour too to knock of that brassy glow.
I allways use 12% with highlifts too..
and using a cap...what ever gets the best results i say..cap foils spatula !!!

Thanks for your help everyone, I had already used 12/1 on my sisters hair, it is a little brassy. as I'm just returning to the business after a 'gap' shes been having another hairdresser do it and shes used bleach which of course gets a nice bright blonde but the condition is appauling - like straw. I've never been overly confident with colour but as colouring is more important than ever in the industry I'll have to get on to wella to do a course or just continue with my online geeky education:D
shame Perms aren't really back - I was good a them!!:suprised:
I'll think about 12/11 next time or maybe a L'oreal colour or tigi??
and Kim - I couldn't find the photo you posted?
thanks
Penners.

And the cap thing - I can use a cap but the result can be a bit random sometimes, and it seems most of my friends etc have been converted to foils, xx

i used to be wella and now am tigi and am converted, especially with the highlift, they lift to a VERY clean blonde. . . if u find wella a bit brassy they are defo worth a shot as a great competitive alternative x

Which TIGI Colours would be similar to Wella 12/0, 12/03 and 12/81??

12.0 equivelent wud be 100/00 . . tigi gold is /3 so there highlift for 12.03 wud be 100/00 mixed with 100/3 (dont have shade chart, cant remember what the precise number is but the one thats gold. . there ashes are 100/07 and 100/77 xx

Do you find the TIGI colours alot less brassy than wella? I usually find 12/0 and even 12/1 seem brassy to me

there highlifts on my clients have came up alot cleaner, this is only in my experience, only tryin it urself will convince u i guess. . also tigi bases are genuinly neutral/flat where i found wellas base shades in comparisn to be warm. x

Which TIGI Colours would be similar to Wella 12/0, 12/03 and 12/81??

i lied LOL its 100/73 for there golden beigey one so 1/4 o that and 3/4 100/00 lols . . . ma bad saw the colour chart today x

Latest posts

Back