Highlift blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannsh

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone had experiences with the Rusk highlifts? The mixing ratio is 1:3, which shocked me! Or Indola, L’Oréal or Goldwell?

Just working my way through the brands (on my own hair). I haven’t found anything fantastic yet (tried Wella, Matrix, Schwarzkopf Igora and Schwarzkopf Blondeme). Favourite so far in terms of lift to a clean blond (on my level 7) has been the Matrix ULNV+.

Be interested to hear your thoughts! What are your favourites?

You’re unlikely to get what you want from any brand of highlift.
Highlift tints combine lightening with toning but (in my experience) not enough to lift and tone someone from below an 8 to a cool blonde.

You’ll get a consistently better result by using bleach with say 20vol (6%) developer and allowing it time to lift sufficiently then tone afterwards. Also, it’s far less damaging than using 40vol(12%).

I think on fine hair it is possible to get to a clean blonde on a level 7 (obviously more so on regrowth applications). Unfortunately, my natural hair is like wire and won’t lift so easily :confused:

Latest posts

Back