Highlift help. . .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
under any circumstance is it ok to put highlift over bleached hair to colour level?
im doin my long time faithful bleach and 6% highlighted friends hair and she wants away from bleach, now i wud say she has 2.5 ti three inch regrowth, so i already know the colour im gonna use to tone it down with in the darker foil. 9/17 mixed wit a spot 7/75 (shmexxy colour to tone down blonde i advise all to experience it, its like mink. . . ) and to avoid using bleach but keep the lightness. . . i was thinkin bout using 12/0. . . obv i cant use the cool highlifts cos it will go odd on bleached hair, but wud 12/0 or even 12/03 be ok just the once to make sure the ends aint like lighter than highlift. . she has a natural base 7-8 ish. . . any advice please. . xx

Why don't you use 12/1 on roots and put conditioner on ends? Then if ends are too light after you could pop a toner on them like a 9 something? Know what you meak about the mink, is lurvely xx

I had highlift over bleach.....had bleach woven for a while and decided a full head highlift...the only problem is...if you use a 12/03 or even a 12 it may be too warm...as bleach especially over a base of 7/8 i would be inclined to use a 12.1 on the roots cause 7/8 has quite gold undertones ..but highlift over bleach...from what i have done and had done it was a good result..my cousin who is a base 8 went from bleach to highlift tint and i used a 12.1 and its a lovely not to golden blonde/beach blonde becasue her gold undertones compliment the 12.1 and now root regrowth is 12.1

so just do foils and do the roots wit 12/1? eek im a scared in case it touches the bleach and ai end up wit a blue band where the bleach and highlift roots meet. . . its a scary lols xx

yes just the roots, you'll be fab :hug: xx

hmmm im doin it tomoro and ya know wot, i think im gonna do full head of foils wit 10/38 and 9% alternating wit 9.03 wit a spot of 7/75. . . she is wanting quite toned down i think without an all over colour being applied. . she is a base 7-8 naturally anyways so i think it will get decent lift. . .x

Latest posts

Back