Highlift Koleston 12/81 to replace 12/11

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
I have 12/11 on my base of 5/6 when it is first on..lovely but after a few weeks because i do have quite alot of orange undertones..it starts looking a bit like a 9/0 which is too warm for me...
i was wondering if anyone has used 12/81... i am going to do some test pieces, but would like to know if any of you have used it and what where the results...if its as ash, more ash, or a nicer ash iykwim.
thank you

Hi ,Think it would be worth trying the 12/81 as the 81 has a blue/ash tone to it and blue neutrilizes any orange tones on the colour circle. Let me know how it turns out:)

i will do.....will have a play with some test pieces prob wednesday

Hi, Joanne it certainly looks a lovely colour let us know how you get on with it ?
:hug: x minky

12/89 is STUNNING . . by far my fave highlift. . . closly second by 12/0 wit a spot of 12/17. . . i think 12/11 also tends to look the dullest out of the lot, the double ash casts a darkness. . . go for it, it will be lush, u cud also try sprinkling in a teensy weensy sprinkle of bleach powder, like less than the size of a 5p bit. . . thatll give it some kick x

12/89 is STUNNING . . by far my fave highlift. . . closly second by 12/0 wit a spot of 12/17. . . i think 12/11 also tends to look the dullest out of the lot, the double ash casts a darkness. . . go for it, it will be lush, u cud also try sprinkling in a teensy weensy sprinkle of bleach powder, like less than the size of a 5p bit. . . thatll give it some kick x

oh thank you will defo get some and do some test pieces of my hair...and will let you know

your blonde looks lovely ! did you just use 12/11 or have you used bleach foils inbetween ? i have used 12/11 on my mum before, We are talking koleston ? arnt we ? she is a base 5 and it doesnt look as blonde as yours. what peroxide did you use with it ? sorry i am pecking your head now and you wanted advice lol ! x x x

your blonde looks lovely ! did you just use 12/11 or have you used bleach foils inbetween ? i have used 12/11 on my mum before, We are talking koleston ? arnt we ? she is a base 5 and it doesnt look as blonde as yours. what peroxide did you use with it ? sorry i am pecking your head now and you wanted advice lol ! x x x

that picture was when i had bleach..woven half head..but now i am going grey i have switched to 12/11 with 12 % ..but after about a month goes quite brassy...as i am 5/6 base with alot of orange undertones
what i am going to do is do some test pieces with 12/81 then maybe a few bleach highlights..to lighten it up a little..
hth

12/81,12/89 they are lovely tones.

tested the 12/81 lovely colour...pearl ash..its violet based so grabbed at the ends of the test piece which had a tad of bleach still at the ends...and was violet as apposed to 11 which is more blue when it grabs....but a nice subtle ash but too subtle for me so stook with my 12/11.

tested the 12/81 lovely colour...pearl ash..its violet based so grabbed at the ends of the test piece which had a tad of bleach still at the ends...and was violet as apposed to 11 which is more blue when it grabs....but a nice subtle ash but too subtle for me so stook with my 12/11.

Lol x JOANNE thought you might do , as my hair has all those orangey tones in it :lol: and I'm a base 5 with some grey in too ,
plus I have tried most of the others too , I also find only the 12/11 will shift those orangey root tones ,
and with a a few baby blonde bleached highlights added it looks great ,
but I do love it when its first done on the roots with the 12/11
must admit I use 12% on my own roots but not on clients :hug:

but I always wish I too could have the nice 12/81 or 12/89 tones, as they seem to have a proper nice light pearly shimmer to them
not fair is it ? :hug: minky x

Lol x JOANNE thought you might do , as my hair has all those orangey tones in it :lol: and I'm a base 5 with some grey in too ,
plus I have tried most of the others too , I also find only the 12/11 will shift those orangey root tones ,
and with a a few baby blonde bleached highlights added it looks great ,
but I do love it when its first done on the roots with the 12/11
must admit I use 12% on my own roots but not on clients :hug:

but I always wish I too could have the nice 12/81 or 12/89 tones, as they seem to have a proper nice light pearly shimmer to them
not fair is it ? :hug: minky x

i know its not fair...lol...love my hair too now my roots have been done....may pop the cap on a give my self a few fine bleach highlights through the front too...i have to use 12% with the 12/81 on myself too...need to find someone who will have the 12/81 now lol:hug:

u wont use 12 on clients? really? i always use 12 on clients for highlift blondes on bases of 6 or below. . . lol x

Hi, scottydolly no I don't really like using 12% with highlift on the scalp ,
but I do use highlift and 12% in foils though :hug: x minky

Joanne, haven't got a clue what you are on about:lol::lol: but lovely to see you on here.:hug:

thanks louise i only really pop i here every so often now...xxx:hug:

Hi i have 12/81 on my hair and my hair is a base of a 6 i found it still had an yellow/orange tinge to it so now i add about 1-2 cm of 0/88 in and its great and the colour lasts till i need my roots doing again but i find if the hairline is done first then i get a hue of blue on the hair line so that is left till last (the blue washes out after one wash) hope this helps

Hi i have 12/81 on my hair and my hair is a base of a 6 i found it still had an yellow/orange tinge to it so now i add about 1-2 cm of 0/88 in and its great and the colour lasts till i need my roots doing again but i find if the hairline is done first then i get a hue of blue on the hair line so that is left till last (the blue washes out after one wash) hope this helps

that helps alot lisa thank you x:hug:

Latest posts

Back