Highlift or straight colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilemeeeee

Reaction score
Hi,
I've a client with 100% grey hair. Wants foils to add blonde with a few copper here and there. I'm not going to need to bleach as she's light enough I think but would you use a highlift or straight colour?
She's very ashy now but wants less ashy tones so was thinking of doing a mix of 99.0 and 8.3 with a few 9.35 to give some copper? But how shes asking for lighter so wondering if I should go with some highlift to get it lighter.
Newly qualified so any help appreciated.x

If the client is truly 100% white just use a standard permanent colour and 20vol..maybe 3parts 9/0 to 1 part 9/03 for the blonde and 2 parts 8/34 and 1 part 8. I’m saying these mixes to ensure you get coverage and it doesn’t look translucent in any way. You might even be better to drop the copper down to a level 7! I would do 2 blonde to 1 copper as slices. Can vary the placement of foils etc depending on what result she wants. :)

White hair needs lots of colour pigment adding and as @james28 says, you need to ensure you thoroughly saturate the hair with product otherwise, it could look translucent in places when washed and dried.

Thank you for your replies...I get a lot of confidence from from airing my thoughts and seeing if people agree or disagree.x

Just a thought, she says she usually has foils so I was going to weave but are you saying thin slices would be better?x
I agree with the 2 blonde to 1 copper, was thinking of doing something like with the placement to make sure it's mainly blonde.

Last edited:
I’d probably use blonde slices with weaves for the copper, depending on the cut and density of the hair.

Just did my Client...the copper turned out more red than expected but I think it'll fade with a few washes and since I weave it in only a few places between slices it's not too bad, regardless, she was happy with it, the blonde looked great too. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back