Highlight tint on grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirhair11

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467125335.360228.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467125348.093864.jpg

Ok so I'm not very experienced in highlift tint as I've barely used it since I've been doing hairdressing so advice is very appreciated!!
This is a new client and she basically wants her roots done, she said her hairdresser normally uses an 11n but I use clynol and there is no 11, she said its highlift tint, my highlift tints are 12.0 12.1 12.14 etc...
Her roots are a very light grey so would it be ok to use 12.0 to match up the ends, the ends are very light I'm just concerned if the roots go too light!
She also has faded brown underneath that she wants to get rid of and go back to the blonde that's on top, can I go straight over it with the 12.0?
Sorry to sound stupid but highlift is not my strongest part!
Thanks in advance

View attachment 198693View attachment 198694
Ok so I'm not very experienced in highlift tint as I've barely used it since I've been doing hairdressing so advice is very appreciated!!
This is a new client and she basically wants her roots done, she said her hairdresser normally uses an 11n but I use clynol and there is no 11, she said its highlift tint, my highlift tints are 12.0 12.1 12.14 etc...
Her roots are a very light grey so would it be ok to use 12.0 to match up the ends, the ends are very light I'm just concerned if the roots go too light!
She also has faded brown underneath that she wants to get rid of and go back to the blonde that's on top, can I go straight over it with the 12.0?
Sorry to sound stupid but highlift is not my strongest part!
Thanks in advance
the highlift colors are not designed to cover gray hair . you should apply on the roots a height of tone 9

the highlift colors are not designed to cover gray hair . you should apply on the roots a height of tone 9

Thankyou, I did think that but they said they previously have an 11n? And seems to lift ok apparently but I don't have an 11 in clynol?

Remember tint doesn't lift tint so will not lighten the remaining brown.

Thankyou, I did think that but they said they previously have an 11n? And seems to lift ok apparently but I don't have an 11 in clynol?
No don't use highlift dye to treat the old brown tint. You should pickle the brown zone and after washing and drying that you can apply a 9's dye to cover the grey roots for 30 minutes.Then emulsify the rest of dye in the lenghts and ends.

No don't use highlift dye to treat the old brown tint. You should pickle the brown zone and after washing and drying that you can apply a 9's dye to cover the grey roots for 30 minutes.Then emulsify the rest of dye in the lenghts and ends.
Ok sorry what do you mean about the brown zone? Sorry I'm a bit slow at this lol
So would I use a 9.0 to cover the grey roots? I'm just concerned it won't lift as much as the blonde ends as some bits are very dark grey and some a white grey x

Yeah I know... Annoying but she always doesn't want bleach on there x
You wrote:"She also has faded brown underneath that she wants to get rid of and go back to the blonde that's on top, can I go straight over it with the 12.0?" and I said that you should not use an highlift dye in the old brown dye in the back of her head.You should pickle the back of the head before. After washing and drying her hair you should apply a permanent dye in the height of tone 9 to cover her grey roots.At the end of the pose' time you can emulsify the lenght with water e leave 5 minutes again.It's impossible to eliminate the old brown color without bleach,the highlift dye does not lighten the tint.

Hey! I would do a little bleach bath on the brown section lift it out to resemble pretty much the crown section.

Then go in with your 12 but use 9%.

It won't cover the grey but it'll lighten the darker, blend with the white and match the colour through the ends...
After all doesn't she like the colour on the ends? It looks to me exactly what she says, and highlift tint on grey hair.

Just to add, you could do it a fair few ways but if she wants the ends matching that will Probz be a good ass match.

Latest posts

Back