Highlighted blonde to brunette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauladee

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Looking for some advice! I am a natural dark brunette (almost black). For the past 7 months I have been highlighting my hair at a hairdresser and am quite blonde now.

I can't afford to keep up the highlights as I need them done at least every 6 weeks and would like to go dark again. At the moment I can't afford to have this done at my hairdresser.

I've read that I would need to put a red dye on first and then a dark dye. Could you please offer some advice and also what type of red I can use? Box dyes that can be bought on the high street would be better for me!

Thanks! xx

No go to a salon before you compromise the condition.... We only use professional products!

Why not try your local college - the students always need models and it'd be a fraction of the price.

Hi geeks!

Looking for some advice! I am a natural dark brunette (almost black). For the past 7 months I have been highlighting my hair at a hairdresser and am quite blonde now.

I can't afford to keep up the highlights as I need them done at least every 6 weeks and would like to go dark again. At the moment I can't afford to have this done at my hairdresser.

I've read that I would need to put a red dye on first and then a dark dye. Could you please offer some advice and also what type of red I can use? Box dyes that can be bought on the high street would be better for me!

Thanks! xx

Heya Hun I'm afraid no self respecting stylist or colour technician wil advise a box bye, they are just so bad for your hair chick and won't be even, more damaging ontop of bleach the list is endless tbh, like above either you local college or wait it out I'm afraid and go back to the salon when you can afford too x

Thanks for the advice will go to salon for colour!

Latest posts

Back