Highlighted hair going pink when lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilehair

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who wants VERY ash (even grey) hair, I highlight it with Matrix colour graphics with the blue toner added and 25vol. then at the backwash I have been doing a 9.11 dialight toner 5vol for approx 5-10 minutes depending on how quickly it grabs but I have also been using a Maria Nila Pearl Silver toning conditioner masque to get it very ash, the client is also using this at home. Now when I am doing the highlights they are turning pink in the foils, even when I then tone it is turning out quite pearl beige looking. She is happy but I can't work out why its turning pink? Is it because the bleach is lifting the previous toner??

Hiya, when you put peroxide(developer) on toned hair it actually locks it in.
Pearl is a pinky colour also but just keep adding in your silver and ashey toners and stop using different products to achieve the same results as you will confuse yourself....
9.11 is quite ashey so just keep leaving it on, also I have had some student shampooing out toner... Please don't do this as it just removes what you did...

Ok, thanks for help!

Latest posts

Back