Highlights Gone Wrong - HELP ME PLS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twink

Reaction score
Hay all,

I had my highlights done yesterday and its only now i have really noticed ( had keratin blow today) that i seem to have caramel tones in my hair which i hate. I like the white baby blonde look and before having my roots done my hair was quite an ashy tone...... Is there anything i can do to try and neurtalise these tones in my hair... i cant use anythin chemical as i have had my treatment done now....

would a purple conditioner maybe make that caramel more ash or will that only work on yellow.

Im GUTTED - my daughters christening is sunday :sad:

Well you could,do a toner ,but because the keratin its a treatment you will take a change of washing it out,?what percent of formaldehyde you use?I remember that the first time a did it to my mother,we forgot and went to the beach, she went to the water sun and nothing happen.I did use 2 % on her.So could wait a couple of days and them used a toner with out any peroxide like a shade EQ from redken.

Hay all,

I had my highlights done yesterday and its only now i have really noticed ( had keratin blow today) that i seem to have caramel tones in my hair which i hate. I like the white baby blonde look and before having my roots done my hair was quite an ashy tone...... Is there anything i can do to try and neurtalise these tones in my hair... i cant use anythin chemical as i have had my treatment done now....

would a purple conditioner maybe make that caramel more ash or will that only work on yellow.

Im GUTTED - my daughters christening is sunday :sad:

Yes purple shampoo/conditioner wil help you, but will not change it completly x

i had a keratin complex 1...ment to be formaldehyde free ?????

i have a revlon colour ball conditioner... would that do the trick ??

do you know what caused the caramel ???? i only had bleech highlights ???

yes thie does not contain formalahyde! dont know why she said that, i would think that the bleach wasnt left on long enough! when can u wash the treatment out? i would ask them 2 touch your roots up for u, i take it it is just the roots that are caramel?:D

i agree with magentahair, xx

yes thie does not contain formalahyde! dont know why she said that, i would think that the bleach wasnt left on long enough! when can u wash the treatment out? i would ask them 2 touch your roots up for u, i take it it is just the roots that are caramel?:D

Formaldahyde ? do any keratin treatments actually contain this preserving chemical ?

perhaps Luccie can speak and write in two languages and it could be a wording error , its quite common on here with being a global site :) x minky

i had a keratin complex 1...ment to be formaldehyde free ?????

i have a revlon colour ball conditioner... would that do the trick ??

do you know what caused the caramel ???? i only had bleech highlights ???

Hi twink , I agree it sounds like the the bleach was taken off too soon and it needs to be re applied on those caramel bits to lighten them a bit more .....

but as I don't do keratin blow drys .... I am not sure if the bleach will take as well over the keratin .... I thought you had to wait a while ?
best to go back and and ask them at the salon .... :) minky

yes some still do unfortunatly! i think that is what she meant, i thought maybe it was supposed to say developer but then she mentions this later in her reply! cheap brands of keratin treatment often have traces of formalahyde, i have seen the extent of the COSHH paperwork related to this as my husband uses a compound with it in and hes a mechanic!!! x:D

yeah seems to be parts off the root area , extending in some parts to the 1st 3rd of my head ( if that makes sense)

i cant use any colour for 2 weeks. so i am pinning all my hopes on my purple revlon colour bomb.

will this work as a quick fix for sunday or is there anything better i can get my hands on ??

yeah seems to be parts off the root area , extending in some parts to the 1st 3rd of my head ( if that makes sense)

i cant use any colour for 2 weeks. so i am pinning all my hopes on my purple revlon colour bomb.

will this work as a quick fix for sunday or is there anything better i can get my hands on ??

I think the Keratin treatment tightly closes the cuticle, so anything else will just lay on top and not penetrate ,

but you could ask the salon to do a few bleached foil packets around the top for you ?

as they will know far better if this is possible after a keratin treatment
and they will know if the chemicals will react or affect off the keratin treatment in any way

sorry, its not a quick fix! u really need to speak to your salon, im sure they will lighten your roots for u! if it clashes with the keratin (which it shouldnt) they will have to do it again!:D

the colour was from a diff salon to the treatment ( just to make matters even less staright forward !! )

guess im just gonna have to have a bannana head

great :(

Latest posts

Back