Highlights help - L'Oreal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulik80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been doing my friend's highlights for about a year now, however, before summer holiday (end of july) we couldn't get a day together and it was also a money issue for her and she ended up putting a box dye! to cover her roots.:grr: I normally did bleach and 6.3 (2:1 ratio). Her base colour is 6-7.

So she asked me today if I could do her hair and I'm a bit stuck what to do..I have couple of ideas but I thought I'll ask you lovely lot for some suggestions.

At the moment she has roots 3/4 inch base 6-7; then she has this midband of the box dye which looks like 8.3 and then the lenghs are more less bleach with some darker tones here and there. So it's quite a mish-mash. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated, I use Loreal colours. Thaaanks xx

I would bleach over the roots with 20 vol
8 level with 10vol
Then carry down the root colour onto another foil.. It not going to be even but the best you can do

Hi, thanks, just to clarify...so you'd put bleach in foils, the 8 level in foils as well or would you leave it out and then her lowlight in foils?

Highlight the roots n foil with her 6 level root colour to even out

Hi everyone,

I have been doing my friend's highlights for about a year now, however, before summer holiday (end of july) we couldn't get a day together and it was also a money issue for her and she ended up putting a box dye! to cover her roots.:grr: I normally did bleach and 6.3 (2:1 ratio). Her base colour is 6-7.

So she asked me today if I could do her hair and I'm a bit stuck what to do..I have couple of ideas but I thought I'll ask you lovely lot for some suggestions.

At the moment she has roots 3/4 inch base 6-7; then she has this midband of the box dye which looks like 8.3 and then the lenghs are more less bleach with some darker tones here and there. So it's quite a mish-mash. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated, I use Loreal colours. Thaaanks xx

Hiya,
Couldn't you do bleach foils as normal with either 10 or 20vol.
Then, with the hair thats left out inbetween, match the ends to her natural colour?
6/3 on the ends 7 on the roots, or 5/3 on the ends 6 on the roots? (Strand test)

I'd do an incompatibility test first too as some home colours react with professional ones.
Also I'd tell her you cant guarantee perfection due to the box colour lurking underneath x

Hiya,
Couldn't you do bleach foils as normal with either 10 or 20vol.
Then, with the hair thats left out inbetween, match the ends to her natural colour?
6/3 on the ends 7 on the roots, or 5/3 on the ends 6 on the roots? (Strand test)

I'd do an incompatibility test first too as some home colours react with professional ones.
Also I'd tell her you cant guarantee perfection due to the box colour lurking underneath x

Hi, yes that sounds good...1 question though...you know the hair that's left in between, do you put it in foil as well? Cos if I leave it out and put colour on (7 and 6.3), wouldn't it seep onto the hair ends that are hanging out of foils (bleach)? sorry I hope it makes sense what i just wrote :)

Hi, yes that sounds good...1 question though...you know the hair that's left in between, do you put it in foil as well? Cos if I leave it out and put colour on (7 and 6.3), wouldn't it seep onto the hair ends that are hanging out of foils (bleach)? sorry I hope it makes sense what i just wrote :)

Yes you could, or you could put conditioner on the blonde ends so they're tucked inside the foils? X

Latest posts

Back