Highlights to full head blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I have client who is base 6 and got highlights with about 4 inches of regrowth . She wants to go full head blonde. I will need 9% peroxide with tint to lift her natural colour at the roots but how do i lift any natural colour from the mid lengths and ends and cover the old highlights too. Any advice on how i get rid of the regrowth band and get it all one colour.

I have client who is base 6 and got highlights with about 4 inches of regrowth . She wants to go full head blonde. I will need 9% peroxide with tint to lift her natural colour at the roots but how do i lift any natural colour from the mid lengths and ends and cover the old highlights too. Any advice on how i get rid of the regrowth band and get it all one colour.

From base 6 I'd bleach with 6% Hun but she still have natural hair on ends? Well what I do sometime is I weave it then on the foils if I see some natural hair I apply the bleach on and try not to get in the other hairs and then try to put the blondes outside the foil and fold it that's what I do I hope u know what I mean xx

Ok this is what I do. lift roots, heavy highlight and what is showing brown from mid to end-I turn my brush sideways and brush them, any natural that is between foils, brush them after foiling is complete, process, tone. Just my way though, I hope this helps some.

Thank you. I did some test cuttings and wella koleston 10/16 with 9% came out a nice colour as her hair has lots of gold and she doesnt want it orangey. I know this tint is usually for toning but it did come out nice and think with some heavy highlights will give the colour she wants. Am i right in thinking if i apply the same mixture as roots to mid lengths and ends then it wont matter if some gets on the old highlights?

Thank you. I did some test cuttings and wella koleston 10/16 with 9% came out a nice colour as her hair has lots of gold and she doesnt want it orangey. I know this tint is usually for toning but it did come out nice and think with some heavy highlights will give the colour she wants. Am i right in thinking if i apply the same mixture as roots to mid lengths and ends then it wont matter if some gets on the old highlights?

Someone with base 6 I'd use 12% Hun x

Yes it will matter if you do, it will be lighter, maybe even a little grey. Then you'll have to tone that out.

It could be quite a tricky job then if i have to pick out all the natural colour in the mid lengths and ends. :(. If it does go too grey in places, i guess i could pick them out and tone them. What would you tone them with if this happens? Am also reluctant to use 12% on the scalp. Do you usually find its ok?.. Sorry to ask so many questions, its just i have the least experience with full head blondes. This lady has masses of hair too!

Thought u was doing foils? What u mean scalp? U can use 12 on scalp yes but u said u were doing foils... X

Yep, it is time consuming, because you have to pick out the natural. But you don't have to pick out every single hair, a few will blend, just dont skip too many. I would also tell the client she may have to come back more than once to achieve an over all blonde.

Yes use 12% on scalp, it's ok. And you can add 2 packets of Sweet'N Low to your mix, it will help the scalp from becoming too irritated.

Thats great Calliecoe, thanks for your help!

Sorry Thiago, i think you misunderstood me, if you read my original post I didnt mention doing all foils. Its going to be foils with bleach in and then a tint in between on the rest of the hair avoiding the old highlights. Could be a long job!

Thats great Calliecoe, thanks for your help!

Sorry Thiago, i think you misunderstood me, if you read my original post I didnt mention doing all foils. Its going to be foils with bleach in and then a tint in between on the rest of the hair avoiding the old highlights. Could be a long job!

Sorry I get what u mean now. Maybe wrong but what I would do is....
Do the bleach highlights and in between the highlights on the regrow I'd use 12% with the 10/16 and on the middle lengths I would use with 6% if the condition of the hair allows or I would tone It with pastel and 10/16 ;)
Hope that helps xoxo

Well, four hours later, I managed to achieve what this lady wanted. Unfortunately I forgot to take the before picture before I cut of about 6 inches of hair lol! Although the before picture doesn't show it well, she had a massive band where the old highlights were grown out. Was so relieved I managed to achieve such an even result!

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone! I can sleep well tonight now! :)

Attachments

• Before 1.jpg
    Before 1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 5,661
  • Before 2.jpg
    Before 2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3,529
  • After 1.jpg
    After 1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 20,138
  • After 2.jpg
    After 2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 6,866
Well, four hours later, I managed to achieve what this lady wanted. Unfortunately I forgot to take the before picture before I cut of about 6 inches of hair lol! Although the before picture doesn't show it well, she had a massive band where the old highlights were grown out. Was so relieved I managed to achieve such an even result!

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone! I can sleep well tonight now! :)

Love it so what did u end up using then x

Thank you! I used Blondor with 6% in a T section in foils, then used Koleston 10/16 with 9% on the regrowth. After twenty mins put the 10/16 with 9% on the mid lengths and ends. Rinsed off after the 40 mins development and toned with Koleston 10/8 mixed with Pastel for about 5 mins. Believe it or not this took 2 tubes of 10/16!! she has very very thick heavy hair and it soaks up tint like you wouldn't believe lol! A long job but it was worth it.

Latest posts

Back