Hmm Confused!Help opinions please!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Well i had to attend a work experience palcement a bit ago and im quite downhearted and confused!
I work self employed so thought even though i had to do this for college i might gain some valuable skills. Hmm well, without mentioning names i went to a well known salon with salons all over the place! And this is what happened:
I watched them do a manicure(im creative spa trained) and she put cuticle erasar on nails (lots of it) and used that to chisel away cuticles (i would have used remover?) then she exfoliated with Sea salt glow!! This is for pedicures right??!! then used the activator? I wouldnt think that these would be compatible, made me bit nervous when she did that! Maybe it was the thought that something you put on your tootsies was going on her hands!!?? Then she finished with a rank green coloured ellisons own make hand cream??! Whhat! These people are paying for creative and getting this? I personally wouldnt be happy? What bout you?
Then i was informed "we dont have time for record cards"!!! Whhaat! wouldnt their insurance be invalid-surely?!

the place i work don't have any record cards except for body wraps!!! lol!!!

Well I know of a salon who used to fill their empty "professional" bottles of handcream with Vaseline Intensive Care!!! It's just not cricket, if you sell something as a Creativespa Manicure, for example, then you use all the products from that range, otherwise you promote is as your own cobbled together affair and don't put a brand name to it.

Thanks girls, didnt know if i was being too picky! But thats what i suppose makes a better salon! Hopefully clients will realise this soon enough! Sub standard blummin salons! Giving us a bad name!!

not very nice people thinking theyre paying for something which theyre not getting, not v fair

Latest posts

Back