Holiday entitlement question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks....
I have a girl coming back from maternity leave next month. Before she went off in September last year, she was on a full time contract of 36 hours. When she comes back, she is only going down to a part time contract of 22 hours. I know while she has been off on maternity, she still accrues her contracted holidays, so here are my questions.....when she comes back in a part time capacity does her holiday entitlement change, or is she still able to take her contracted full time holidays up until the end of our holiday year which goes january to December (I dont allow holidays to be carried over...).
If her holiday entitlement does change when she becomes part time, when does this come into effect.....Im not sure where to find any info on this, so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
x

My understanding:

Until she returns you need to calculate her holiday on a full time basis (but pro rata it as she wont have worked a full holiday year by the time she returns). That is what she has accrued since being on maternity. I had the option to either tack this holiday onto the end of my maternity leave or be paid for it.

When she returns calculate her holiday based on reduced hours from return to work date til end of holiday year. This is the holiday that she is able to take before the end of your holiday year.

This could be wrong but it's what my old employers did and they were a high street bank so it probably went through a few checks to ensure the policy was correct

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I would do aswell lilypie

Jemima :)

Latest posts

Back