Holographic/chrome wearing away from the free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lala85

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've purchased magpie tiara and Aurora and I done a full set of Gelish nails with Aurora over the top on Saturday and client has messaged saying nearly all nails now look like a pink French with holographic nail..

I did :
Foundation
2x Gelish colour (pink)
No wipe top coat
Apply powder (looked amazing) then I used structure gel, then top it off

I had the same issue with the tiara doing chrome nails but I've done another set of chrome today using above method and I'm thinking I'm going to hear back from her too now!!
Picture is the holographic I did on Saturday

Does anyone else have this issue??
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1487628209.033600.jpg

I had this problem with the chrome powder, looks fab when they leave, I done my mums I saw her a week later to see all the free edge was black I used opi I remember capping them aswell.

I had this problem with the chrome powder, looks fab when they leave, I done my mums I saw her a week later to see all the free edge was black I used opi I remember capping them aswell.
It's so frustrating.... I capped them completely it's like the powder rubs off from under the top coat.
Feel like I've wasted money on buying the pigments

Try with a normal top coat and wipe it of with a clean lint-free pad. I never had a problem this way.

But then again I usually try it over acrylics

The technology and materials are inconsistent. I recommend using foils to achieve this (or at least a similar) look as they seem to be more reliable.

I tried it with a normal top coat on my own nails so far so good

I tried it with a normal top coat on my own nails so far so good

So just dry wipe the normal Gelish top coat and then apply and then top coat over??
I can only guess it's because the Gelish top coat has no tacky layer to stick too after the pigment has been applied maybe?

Latest posts

Back