Holographic powder not working-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie D

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a chrome and holographic powder. The Chrome works great but the Holographic powder doesn't work. It just rolls off the nail when applied. I've tried using a tacky topcoat instead of a no wipe one but still no joy. Any suggestions would be great thanks x

I've had the same problem with a holographic powder I've ordered off eBay just to see if the quality was the same as one I bought off daily Charme. And I guess not :confused: maybe it's an off brand??

Hi, thanks for the reply. The one I purchased was also from Ebay so maybe it's just a duff product. I will have to pick one up from the wholesalers to see if there's any difference. They say 'You only get what you pay for' but it cost me around £xx plus postage, which I thought was a lot for a tiny pot of glitter. Clearly I have been conned! Nevermind, you live and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a few now and the ones I've had from eBay just don't stick no matter what you do with them :( the one I use now is from a local wholesaler and it's fab x

I bought one from eBay and couldn't get it to stick using a no wipe top coat either and it just looked dull when I used a topcoat with a tacky layer, so I ended up just wiping off the tacky layer with a dry lint free wipe and then applied the holographic powder and it worked really well!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476914148.056270.jpg
those are ones I achieved on top of different gel polish colours

It's best to catch it straight from the lamp while it's warm too, it sticks better :) xx

Thanks for the advice ladies. I will give it another go trying out your suggestions. I will let you know how I get on x

I posted this on another thread regarding chrome powders: the technology is new, inconsistent and unreliable. I much prefer to use foils to get a very similar result.

I had a problem with chrome so was reluctant to buy the holographic but it's great. I bought the sinful one and it's the same application as the chrome but I put on two coats of top coat at the end as when I just put the one it took the holographic off. Hth xx

I just tried the technique I described above on real nails not tips and it wouldn't work! The gel polish colour underneath just wasn't showing through! Could this be because I was putting too much of the holographic powder on?

You don't need to use much powder :)

You don't need to use much powder :)
I think I was too liberal with the application and the colour just didn't come through underneath haha I'll have to have another go tomorrow and use less product!

Do try. I do this. Base coat. Two coats of colours. Top coat. And wipe with dry lint pad (no cleanser) then add powder then top coat and cure. Xx

Latest posts

Back