Home Base Business to Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooview

Reaction score
Hi all,

I trained NSI L&P. I have been doing nails only partime for 2 years and am now working with IBD gels 98% . I have been working from home but 2 weeks ago moved into a salon. I am hoping now to work full time and build up my business. I am unsure though, if i should be doing only Gel. I absolutely love the ibd gel, but wonder if this is not the way i should start of my business. Another local nail tech had mentioned to one of my work colleagues that i should be doing L&P as gel will not be strong enough for nail biters or people a bit heavy handed on their nails. I do feel confident that I can get clients to try gel and I am sure they will be strong enough and happy with them. I would also think that an extra coat of gel would strengthen the nails each time a layer is added, ( without making them too thick. But i worry that that is because i dont have alot of experience and am confident with working with gel but not L&P. If anyone has any feedback on some of their experiences I would really appreciate it as I want to start of my business the best way possible.

Hi

In my opinion its always best to be a fully qualified tech in all areas so that you cater for all clients.

I personally only offer two as I don't tend to do a lot of silk/fiberglass but if a client wants it I'm still able to do it.

HTH

I think you are always better being really confident with the product you use before moving on to a new one. Don't feel intimidated by this,start of building your business on gels then maybe look at adding the L&P later, biters don't usually make up a huge part of your client base. Confidance and education is the best way to go, make a client comfortable with the product and educate her about it and it shouldn't really matter what system you use. Some people can be very nnegative about things especally if the have had a bad experience or don't understand it. Good luck!
Sam

Thanks for your reply. Yes, maybe I will stick to the gel since i am confident with it. Once I have settled in, have mastered my technique of prep, filing etc and got my times down, then I may be more confident in trying L&P. I am wanting my business to work and just need to reasure myself that I can do this. So thanks, appreciative of any feedback.
cheers Trace

I trained in all three systems and chose to only use gel, gel is just as strong as L&P. I have used gel on nail biters to without any problems.

If gel is working for you carry on using it and explain to your clients why you do if they ask you. I have had a couple of of people ask me for L&P. I explain to them about gel (its exaclty the same, only already mixed!!). I ask if they would like to try one nail to see how they get on. This works and they have a full set.:lol:

Latest posts

Back