Home Learning-Advice & Opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbarnes

Reaction score
HI All.

I have done a Gelish course but i would like to be able to offer a variety to my customers.

Would any one recommend a home learning course to train along side my full time job?

I have looked at a few but wanted some advice from any one who has trained this way or knows some one who has?

Any advice and opinions would be appreciated

Thank You
x

I started out doing a home course and thought it was great until i came to actually do a set of nails then realized i had no practical experience! (a practice hand just isn't the same) In the long run it has cost me a hell of a lot more money and time in further sufficient training. There are some great companies to train with i just wish i had done more research before i rushed into a home course. Lets just say i've learned my lesson :)

Thanks Alex

i found one course that doesn't give you a practice hand tells you to practice on friends and family, guessing that's not a great idea.

So would be better for me to go on courses and do bit by bit. and spend that bit more for the experience

I wouldnt advise an at home course, you need someone who can stand & watch & tell you what you are doing is right/wrong etc. Give u hints & tips. That taylor made advice wont come from a book/computer.

What ever it is you want to learn, it is better to go on a course. I took holidays & swapped shifts to get on my Bio sculpture course.

Good luck :) xx

Thank you for your advice.

I will take that on board and do individual courses.

I will do some research on ones in Hertfordshire and Essex

Some people recommend going to college each day (i think its a year maybe two, don't quote me on that) and doing it that way. Personally i didnt have the time or the child care so i have done seperate courses local to me that are run over a few days. I started with just my standard Mani/Pedi course used family and friends as practice hands whenever they would let me lol. Ive since done an L&P course and a Gel Polish course. I'm just in the process of arranging a Gelish course as that is the product i have chosen to use so i would like the knowledge specifically for that product. If there is one thing i have learned, once your qualified you still don't know "everything". Keep training and refreshing. Good Luck xx

i trained with the beauty academy to begin with (now completing my nvq with them aswell) and because you can pick your dates one by one whenever you want I found it super convienant as they do saturdays and sundays too! i also did mine over the course of about 2-3 months so i could do a part payment so made it easier money wise too. maybe something like that would be good for you? then ontop i have done a conversion course with lena white for opi gelcolor and plan to do more with harmony for fusion acrylics and gelish hard gel.

Latest posts

Back