Home Salon help againe please xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawnie

Reaction score
Hiya

My new home salon is almost done :) and I am waiting on an appointment for the council to come and visit re health and safty can anyone who has been through this tell me what they look for...........they tell me I dont need a licenece for nails but what is worrying me is that you do need one for massage ect so not sure if the hand foot massage comes into this.
I don't have to worry about the mortgage lender coz my house is all paid for (great feeling by the way) lol.
Anything I have missed !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers me dears
Dawnie xxxx

You luuuuucky devil!!! I've got another 10 years so will still have to think of ways to expand....

Good luck!

When I applied for my licence for permanent makeup they had a huge list of things to check for, but this is a tattooing process and far more caught up in H&S. There were a few things I still hadn't got when they visited, they made a note of this, but never reinspected, just issued the licence. They did ask to see the MSDS for the pigments, and they needed to check the needle module met current legislation. She also advised that I carried out a COSSH report for ALL the products in the salon - oops reminds me I still haven't done it. The woman was a bit up her own backside, but they are just there to make sure you are following legislation and will just tell you if you need to make any adjustments so don't fret! My licence came within 2 weeks, although I did have to chase them up.

I can't imagine that hand / foot massage is the same as body massage.

But to give you an idea of what they looked for on above - smooth walls that were washable, washable floors, washable couch, hot water tap in room, insurance, certificates of training,soap to wash hands, no smoking sign, rubber gloves, aprons (disposable), waste procedures, sharps bin, plus loads more. But all of this is for a very invasive treatment, she hardly took any notice of the other beauty room and the nail area!

Is this check a requirement then?
Blimey I dont have a sink in my room!

You must keep us up dated how this all goes as I will be doing this when I am ready to start working from home.
We are paying the mortgage off in a couple of weeks hubby has just done 22 years in the Army and he will be on a lower wage once he gets a job so we want to get rid of the Mortgage so this is no worry like yourself.
My nail room is in the cellar we have two large room down there the one I am using has a back door that we replaced a window so now it acts as a fire exit. We do not have a sink in the cellar the bathroom is up the stairs you pass this on the way down so so far friends have been washing there hands as they arrive then go down to the nail cellar.
We have old stone floors that can be washed heating down there fire alarms, products locked away in metal cabnets, fire exit signs.
I hope all goes well for you let us know.
Carolyn.

Yes please let us know how you get on. My sister and I are hoping to convert her garage into a hair and nail salon. We will find out at the end of the month. The District Council are happy for us to do it but the Town Council are still objecting. If we do get the go ahead then I am assuming that we will have to go through the same process as yourself.

Good luck, I hope it all goes well

OOps sorry guys I think I may have confused you, the requirements I put above relate to permanent make up and NOT nails, it was just to show that the Council will tell you what you need if you don't have it. I am so pants at explaining things so sorry if I misled you and got you all worrying.

Hi Dawnie

Can you tell me why you need a licence for massage? I was told at college you only needed a licence if you were operating with needles such as earpiercing, electrolysis etc.

Regards
Deb379

Good luck chickio.......the salon will be a huge success.
H&S people are there to help you...........

be coolio

xx

Latest posts

Back