Home salon open evening, is it possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychick

Reaction score
Hi,
Long story short I moved from one area to another just over a year ago. I had a successful mobile business which I've had to leave behind due to my husband & I buying our first home together.

In my new property I have a purpose built summer house which I now work from. It's a fair size, has been insulated etc everything has been done properly, Very warm etc.
But obviously I need clients, I have a couple but need to get more people through the door.
I've retrained In a few things to get my confidence up, had new price lists, cards & gift vouchers made to really start a fresh.

I'd like to have an open evening/event where I could speak to people, let them see the salon & what I offer, have retail items for sale, maybe do make up/ nail demos etc.
I thought with Christmas coming up it would be the best time to get people in & booking.

Has anyone with a home salon had an open evening?
How did you go about it?
What did you offer on the evening?

I'm just worried it will be too small or no one will turn up.

Any information or ideas would be fantastic.
Thanks for reading

Sam :) x

I also have a home salon and would like to do something like this but have no clue!
Salons I worked at never had one & ive never been to one!

There's one at the salon at my gym but it's £20 a ticket with a goody bag, free toe painting and a drink. You then get £20 off any purchases or bookings!

Hopefully someone replies & then maybe we can put our heads together ;) x

Hi girls, I haven't got my own salon and dont work in a home salon so I'm not much help. But we recently done a open evening which was really successful, we didnt charge, as I think this would put people off coming. We had precessco and canapés and we are I'm a very small town so don't have much in passing trade. We done little goody bags ans a raffle.
Where do you get your supplies from? Is there any chance they would donate a few products for a raffle, or you could raffle a treatment. Also as its coming to colder months, could you maybe do hot chocolate and coffee with different flavours? Instead of alcohol, it would cost less. I think demos are a great idea, we done free hair curling and manicures which went down a treat but as there was 5 of us it was easier to do. Maybe could do it as a workshop style depending on what services you offer e.g how to look after our nails properly and teach basic things they wouldn't make a appointment for, can even try and retail some products then.
In terms of advertising it, could pop on to local shops and invite the owners and staff along, and ask them to pop up posters in there window, and do a leaflet drop. Sorry gone on a bit lol

We also done a % off appointments booked that night x

Hi girls, I haven't got my own salon and dont work in a home salon so I'm not much help. But we recently done a open evening which was really successful, we didnt charge, as I think this would put people off coming. We had precessco and canapés and we are I'm a very small town so don't have much in passing trade. We done little goody bags ans a raffle.
Where do you get your supplies from? Is there any chance they would donate a few products for a raffle, or you could raffle a treatment. Also as its coming to colder months, could you maybe do hot chocolate and coffee with different flavours? Instead of alcohol, it would cost less. I think demos are a great idea, we done free hair curling and manicures which went down a treat but as there was 5 of us it was easier to do. Maybe could do it as a workshop style depending on what services you offer e.g how to look after our nails properly and teach basic things they wouldn't make a appointment for, can even try and retail some products then.
In terms of advertising it, could pop on to local shops and invite the owners and staff along, and ask them to pop up posters in there window, and do a leaflet drop. Sorry gone on a bit lol

That's great, thank you!

What did you put in your goody bags? I obviously want people to go home with something but at the same time don't want to leave myself too out of pocket at the moment.

I love the raffle idea!
x

I also have a home salon and would like to do something like this but have no clue!
Salons I worked at never had one & ive never been to one!

There's one at the salon at my gym but it's £20 a ticket with a goody bag, free toe painting and a drink. You then get £20 off any purchases or bookings!

Hopefully someone replies & then maybe we can put our heads together ;) x

I just worry with charging that people round here don't really know me yet so wouldn't want to pay. Although it would be great as you know people will definitely turn up then :) x

That's great, thank you!

What did you put in your goody bags? I obviously want people to go home with something but at the same time don't want to leave myself too out of pocket at the moment.

I love the raffle idea!
x
Yeah the raffle was good as we done it free and everyone likes a freebe. We put in a file, a cuticle oil, a free hair product sample, a price list and 2 chocolates. We also popped in some product leaflets. It just depends on how much you want to spend really xx

your only down the road from me Sam so ill come !! :D

You could do it to offer people a free mini treatment ( mini mani , pedi , head massage etc) and then send them away with a little cellophane package with the pieces in that Jess mentioned with a little gift voucher for a certain treatment? or money off a treatment? . Id be happy to attend something like this for a free coffee and a sample of me time !

I think it will be a big hit !xx

I did an open evening for my new premises last yr. I mainly advertised for my existing clients to come (was moving from home based to a local unit) and friends/family. This allowed people to see my new place, have a glass of fizz and check themselves in on FB etc. If your new to the area and don't know many people you could see if the local school, playgroups etc do a newsletter. You could see if they would advertise your open evening in exchange for a xmas raffle prize ?? Also little goodie bags are a good idea but you don't have to go mad. A little cello bag to include literature like business card/loyalty card/recommend a friend card (% off each), voucher eg £5 off first visit over £20, few chocs and a raffle ticket (for a treatment prize). These are cost effective but your giving each person a little something to walk away with. HTH and good luck. p.s whats your FB page and ill give you a like :) x x

your only down the road from me Sam so ill come !! :D

You could do it to offer people a free mini treatment ( mini mani , pedi , head massage etc) and then send them away with a little cellophane package with the pieces in that Jess mentioned with a little gift voucher for a certain treatment? or money off a treatment? . Id be happy to attend something like this for a free coffee and a sample of me time !

I think it will be a big hit !xx

Ooh are you! your welcome to come over ,
I'll let you know when it is :)
I'm aiming for mid November. All I need is for hubby to finish the path leading to it (as obviously can't have anyone tripping over [emoji51] )

I've just ordered some gift bags and pretty glittery bows
I'm going to order some bits and pieces from nail harmony tomorrow to go In them and some things for a raffle.

Now just to sort out inviting people. Xx

I did an open evening for my new premises last yr. I mainly advertised for my existing clients to come (was moving from home based to a local unit) and friends/family. This allowed people to see my new place, have a glass of fizz and check themselves in on FB etc. If your new to the area and don't know many people you could see if the local school, playgroups etc do a newsletter. You could see if they would advertise your open evening in exchange for a xmas raffle prize ?? Also little goodie bags are a good idea but you don't have to go mad. A little cello bag to include literature like business card/loyalty card/recommend a friend card (% off each), voucher eg £5 off first visit over £20, few chocs and a raffle ticket (for a treatment prize). These are cost effective but your giving each person a little something to walk away with. HTH and good luck. p.s whats your FB page and ill give you a like :) x x

I didn't think about the Facebook check in!
I suppose each persons friends will see it then and so on.
There's a couple of little playgroups near me so I'll have a nosey and pop in for a chat.

https://m.facebook.com/PerfectlyPolishedxx/

Just slowly getting back into things after my daughter was born 12 weeks ago so there's not many recent posts at the moment.

Thank you for the tips I really appreciate it :) Xx

I want to come too!!! Unfortunately Essex is the other end of the country to me [emoji22]

Some cool ideas but how do you work it on your own with a home salon giving the mini treatments? I only have one treatment room as it's at home.

ah congratulations on having your daughter ! Go you for getting back into it so soon !! Mine are 4 and I'm still struggling! x

Oooo I'm hoping to do this with my hairdressing, have you got a pic of the summerhouse? (Sorry for going off topic)

ah congratulations on having your daughter ! Go you for getting back into it so soon !! Mine are 4 and I'm still struggling! x

Thank you!
I was back doing nails after a week, only a few clients. I just didn't want to risk losing the few that I have in my new area [emoji29]
Xx

Oooo I'm hoping to do this with my hairdressing, have you got a pic of the summerhouse? (Sorry for going off topic)

I'll take some tomorrow and put them up
:) x

Latest posts

Back