Home Salon - Staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polished!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here...after using the site for months for research!

I would like some advice from anyone in the know please, I have been a qualified nail tech for almost 8 years now, and recently took it up again (in January), I have a great little mobile business and am getting my garage converted (by hubby - builder extraordinaire) and feel that this will be a great asset.

A few months ago I picked up a client, really nice young girl who after a few nail extensions confessed she'd love to do what I do and helped her out a fair but. I pointed her in the right direction and she is now newly qualified. She would like to come and work for me...in my salon (when it's finished - not long now).
I would like her to come and work for me too, her work is good and I am starting to have to turn away work so it'd be better for me to take her on. Obviously on a self employed basis, but I'm struggling to know how to work it in with my business/home salon.

I'd really appreciate any advice on how to place her and charge her for space, etc. I see it working well, but I had originally seen myself as a one man band, so this is alien to me although I have managed people before so that is not the issue. Mainly it is as this is my home and how can I manage it? I'd prefer her as an ally than competition, and I think she would be an asset and bring business in - and she has somme great ideas, but as this is not as I'd originally envisaged it I'm not sure what to do...do I just 'go with the flow'?..

Thanks in advance.....!

I have a feeling that when I contacted my local council about working from home they said I couldn't employ anyone so I would check with your council, if this is the case could she work for you on a mobile basis?

I have a home salon.

I rent out the space for the hours that I dont want to be working.

For me that is mornings.

I dont like the thought of having other people in my house but they have to be able to use the toilet.

I dont have to walk through the house to get to my summerhouse so I dont have to worry about their clients.

Dont know about employment as such as they are self employed and rent the space in blocks of about 4 hours ( I based it on how nursery does it lol)

Maybe should check with the council about things though as I am sure he said I could rent it out but am wondering now.

Sounds like a great a great opportunity for you though. Make sure you have solid ground rules though as to who is responsible for what.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back