Home treatment room too small?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profbeau

Reaction score
Hi all, I am currently mobile but I have an increasing number of clients who are wanting to come to me for various reasons. We have a "box" room which is literally 6ft X 8ft. I would love to use this, and my hubby has come up with some ingenious storage ideas / tables that fold onto the wall etc (he is quite the day expert!) And we have measured up that I could get either my massage couch or spray tan set up in (obviously only one at a time though). But its going to cost a few hundred that I really can't afford to waste. I am afraid that it will simply seem too small, even with the storage solutions, and that would put clients off. Does anyone else have a very small home salon? Does it work? Or should I just stick to mobile?
Thanks in advance
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

What treatments do you offer and if you need the massage table up can you walk around it ?
One if the salons nearby has a tiny room used for waxing and massage, and they seem to get along fine.

I have an 8 ft by 8 ft summer house and it works - I have storage under my bed and my table and bed fold, the walls are super handy too - if it can hang or go on a shelf it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bu3a7a7a.jpg
babemy6y.jpg

Not the best pics but as you can see I use the walls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My half of the garage is tiny... If the couch is up I can squeeze around the top of it just about when doing facials I need a stools as a chair is simply too big an I can't sit behind the couch! If I do spray tans it's all got to go down an tent up. If I do nails everything out and desk brought it - it's going to be a pain in the bum! But hopefully makes my boyfriend realise I need to whole garage not half :'( but I'm determined to make it work! 8ft by 8ft is bigger than my room xx

Thanks all for your help & the photos look lovely! I offer most beauty treatments (bar lash or nail extensions) and massage/holistic. Its mainly nails, waxing & tanning that keep me busy. My couple of regular massage clients would probably prefer for me to still go to them anyway, and I'm considering g dropping facials as they just aren't that popular here. So I could get away with only using the couch for leg & intimate waxing which means the top can be up against the wall giving me plenty of room to move around it!
It was being used as a bedroom for step daughter & currently had a single bed, single wardrobe & 5 drawer chest in, so once we have emptied it I'm sure it will look bigger!
Its very exciting, my hubby works away a lot and it currently limits the evening/school holiday appointments I can offer so having a home treatment room means I can be much more flexible! It may take a few weeks, but I will post some pics once done x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back