Hooded lids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi geeks, after several allergic reactions where my eyelids swelled up I am now left with quite bad hooded lids. It's making me feel really down as I can't wear makeup like I used to cos you can't see it when my eyes are open and I really struggle to wear top liner as I have to stretch my lids to make the line then it all looks droopy once my lids drop.

Is there anything you guys can suggest before I book myself in for an eye lift which I begrudge paying for at the grand old age of just 30?!

Thanks in advance for any advice xxx

I have the same problem... I think it must be hereditary :(

My Auntie had the worst hooded eyes I've ever seen and they got worse with age, so she had them done and wow, it took years off her... she actually didn't even have to pay for the surgery, as her lids were so bad, that it wasn't classed as a cosmetic procedure, as it was starting to affect her sight.

The Skin Geeks will probably murder me for mentioning this product, but I wonder what it's like and if it's any good?... I've seen it advertised and I'm tempted to get them.. here the link.

Eye Magic Eye Lift - Instant Fix for Droopy Eyelids

I have seen these on the telly but the only thing that worries me is that they won't work or that I'l be allergic to them resulting in my eyes swelling up and getting worse! Cheaper than surgery though lol thanks x

I have seen these on the telly but the only thing that worries me is that they won't work or that I'l be allergic to them resulting in my eyes swelling up and getting worse! Cheaper than surgery though lol thanks x

Oooh never thought of that! :Scared:

I've treated a few clients with hooded lids with my CACI Ultra and had really good results. Many CACI salons do just an eye treatment if you don't want the full face.

I've treated a few clients with hooded lids with my CACI Ultra and had really good results. Many CACI salons do just an eye treatment if you don't want the full face.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that Martin?

Is it expensive and would you have to do a few treatments to see results?

It's a micro-current treatment. Price depends on area, but will be less than surgery. You'd need to have an initial course and after that it's a case of monthly top-ups, a bit like going t the gym regularly to keep the muscles toned! There's information and a salon searcher here:
Microcurrent Machine | Microcurrent Therapy | Microcurrent Facial

An gel that looks like the tape that asian people use, it holds the saggy bit back. Ive been thinking of trying it out myself :biggrin:

An gel that looks like the tape that asian people use, it holds the saggy bit back. Ive been thinking of trying it out myself :biggrin:

I saw one in Boots the other week, but it was 40 Euro and I didn't fancy paying that for some tape... but I still curious about it.

Has anyone else tried it?

Sorry for hijacking the thread by the way. :wink2:

have a look on ebay hun, Im sure Ive seen it on there

I think these are what you are talking about?
i totally respect this guys work and, he's worth subscribing to if your interested in make up, his reviews and lessons are great. hope this helps (maybe save your money and opt for the Microcurrent/CACI, im studying this at college as part of my level 3 and have no doubt it works ;)
EYE SECRETS REVIEW - YouTube

I had severe allergic reactions involving my eyes and they were in a right state. I massaged baby oil into them every day. They were so bad I couldn't put eyeliner on my lids because they had such deep lines in them which I thought would never go. After a couple of months my eyelids were loads better and now 6 months on you can't even tell. Just rub it in and leave for 5 mins to soak in. I take all my make up off with that or virgin olive oil. I would never use conventional eye make up remover now. Hope this helps. :)

Ooh thanks CKBeauty I will try that xx

Latest posts

Back