hot fusion extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloeb23

Reaction score
hi everyone,

ive just taken up an online course in tape & hot fusion extensions, i'm feeling confident and ready to do my practical (just waiting for kit in post) - the only thing making me wonder is the lady that does my keratin bond cold fusion says it takes years of practice to get kertain bonds right and most people give up before they get there, then ive seen a few posts on here of people saying they dont do fusion bonds even when trained as they dont feel comfortable doing it. im wondering whats the difference with this method that makes it harder/puts people off in comparison to nano's etc? any help appreciated! thank :)

Hi, i do hot fusion extensions and prefer them to the pre-bonded. Using loose bulk hair enables you to blend different shades into each bond and also allows you to add each strand on a weight to weight ratio to match clients own hair. You need to practice that's all and if you haven't done pre-bonded before then that's a plus. Anyone can apply pre-bonds, all you need to do is heat up the bond and roll. Using hot glue/glue gun means applying the correct amount of glue to the tip of loose hair, push into hair using a rolling pad and rolling the top of bond and bottom of bond to create small seamless bonds. I think people like Pre-Bonded as its quick and easy 👍

Hi, i do hot fusion extensions and prefer them to the pre-bonded. Using loose bulk hair enables you to blend different shades into each bond and also allows you to add each strand on a weight to weight ratio to match clients own hair. You need to practice that's all and if you haven't done pre-bonded before then that's a plus. Anyone can apply pre-bonds, all you need to do is heat up the bond and roll. Using hot glue/glue gun means applying the correct amount of glue to the tip of loose hair, push into hair using a rolling pad and rolling the top of bond and bottom of bond to create small seamless bonds. I think people like Pre-Bonded as its quick and easy 👍

thank you so much for the response that is super helpful! only now i’m wondering what is the difference between pre-bonded and hot fusion? i thought they were the same! 🙈

Prebonds already have the glue attached ( they can be nail tips or flat tips) and the hot fusion is where you apply your own glue. Better as like extensions1 said you can blend colours together and also make them as small as you like x

I love hot fusion..and I need extensions as I already have the hair. Could we discuss perhaps, I am based in London..x

I love hot fusion..and I need extensions as I already have the hair. Could we discuss perhaps, I am based in London..x
Also, pre bonded does not work for me..you are a rarity as everyone uses the keratin cold bond..but I do not like it.

Could we discuss please regarding hot fusion. As I need I have the hair and that works better for me. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back