Hot oil treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noulady

Reaction score
What oil do you use for hot oil treatments on nails? We never covered this when I did my training(22 years ago:eek:) I have tried most things but never this, do you really see a differnece?

Does no bods use hot oil?:irked: Hoping one of you geeks can help on Monday, it's are day off and we will still be geekin:Kissing:

In school we used regular baby oil and it works pretty good. I use that sometimes, but most of the time I use massage oil or cuticle oil.

Thanks berenice
how long do you soak for and do you warm it over the top of hot water?

Hi ya,

We used Amond oil at college, but you can also use Olive Oil or even any good quality vegetable oil. We were taught to soak the nails for 10 minutes, and yes we warmed it in a bowl on top of a bowl of hot water (cant remember the posh name for it).

Hope this helps.

I dont really understand why people use cheaper oils for doing this treatment....... I'm not having a dig at anyone, it just stands to reason the better quality the product, the more effective the treatment.

I always use a cuticle oil that contains jojoba oil, the reason being that because jojoba oil is such a small molecule it can penetrate the nail plate (&skin) and cary other nutrients with it.

So doesn't it make sense to do the same thing with a hot oil treatment?

I usually either warm the oil over a dish of hot water or warm the oil in my towel warmer. You do definately see difference. It's great for people who's nails are brittle or prone to cracking/chipping/peeling/breaking. I also do it sometimes after removing enhancments, it gets those nails rehydrated quick.

Thanks berenice
how long do you soak for and do you warm it over the top of hot water?
In school we were told to soak from 5-10 minutes.I use a special warmer I bought; I think star nails has one you can buy from their website.

I use CND Solar Oil ... and I have a warming manicure bowl especially for it.

Yes there is a visible difference after the treatment, but treatments like this have to be regular to be effective long term.

Naturally this treatment also generates a sale as the client always wants a bottle of SolarOil to use at home to carry on the treatment.

Latest posts

Back