Hot stone massage techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
Hiya I have just done my course on hot stone massage and was just looking for general tips or advice from other ppl who do this treatment.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow do I can practice on her. So tonight I've been looking on you tube just to check out different techniques and movements that others may use. So far most seem to just concentrate on the back although I was taught all over body. Just wondered what everyone else's routines are x

I mainly do all my deep tissue work on the back, there's this really nice move that Jane scrivner taught me where you get a warm stone(not too hot!) and you place it over a knot, hold it there then get another stone, preferably smaller, and hit the stone thats on the knot. This move 'vibrates' the knot and releases it with minimal pain to the client, you just have to warn the client about the noise, especially if you are near their ears. Pm me if you'd like any other moves

Hope this helps
Leanne
X

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

If you have only just done your course and are practising, then I would stick to what you have been taught and perfect that. Once you are confident then you can look at adding to it.

I mainly do all my deep tissue work on the back, there's this really nice move that Jane scrivner taught me where you get a warm stone(not too hot!) and you place it over a knot, hold it there then get another stone, preferably smaller, and hit the stone thats on the knot. This move 'vibrates' the knot and releases it with minimal pain to the client, you just have to warn the client about the noise, especially if you are near their ears. Pm me if you'd like any other moves

Hope this helps
Leanne
X

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

This sounds great! Have you got any other tips re moves?

Every therapist I've talked to always asks me what the loud noise is coming from the treatment room! I'm just surprised no ones ever heard of this massage move before!

I never leave any stones on the body. Before proper stone training I burnt a couple of clients really badly (it didn't help that the spa I was working for was REALLY cheap and used cooking oil as massage oil, I always said it was a really bad idea!!) so I've never again placed stones and left them on any part of the body.

In a hot stone massage, I do sometimes use cold marble stones, especially on the face as they work really well in contrast with the hot and on puffy areas. With the cold stones on any part of the body, for example the back, you have to work them glacially slowly and really deep or it will be really painfully cold.

You can also use cold stones in the spinal layout (if any of you use one) the client doesn't actually feel it. When I did my training, I was having the treatment and the therapist put a cold stone down on the spinal layout, put the pillow cases over the stones like usual, made sure I was comfortable then after about 10 mins asked me which one was the cold stone, I didn't even realise there was one! It is the most amazing massage I have ever had!

If you guys want any more massage tips, just PM me!

Leanne
X

Hello..
Every professional have their own techniques to use for the body massage. Like all massage techniques, hot stone massage is a method for relieving soreness and relaxing tension in the muscles of the body. The hot stones applied to the body penetrate deeply and the stones used by the therapist make it easier to apply the therapeutic effects of manipulation.

Tapping is a common technique.

Latest posts

Back