Hot Stone Therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just completed my training in Hot Stone Therapy with Dermalogica and I am a bit taken aback by the cost of the kit from Dermalogica. With the stones and heater it would cost around £500 - £700.:eek::cry:

Does anyone know a way to reduce the set up cost or recommend an alternative supplier or should I really be using the Dermalogica equipment?

Many thanks to anyone who can help
Karen
:confused:

Try Ellisons. They do an intro kit for a lot less than the Dermalogica one. Their number is 0845 130 6126.

I know someone who is selling the stones (52) and spa....PM me if interested.

I just had the Ellisons catalogue delivered this morning and they are nowhere near that much

Just Google it, Ive seen them for ALOT less than that!!! At the end of the day stones are stones!!:lol:

An alternative would be to pick your own stones, saves postage as rocks/stones weigh a fair bit.

Try the beach or a gardening/outdoor center. Many different stone shapes, sizes & colours.
There are also pics available on the net of the type of stones you will need for different parts of the body so it makes it easy to choose your own.

I purchased a large oval crock pot to heat the stones.
It was on special with a buy one get the other half price, I chose a large rice steamer for herbal ball treaments. Both have worked great.

HtH

XX J XX

Salons Direct or Beauty Express (can't remember which one) are cheaper than Ellisons.

If you want to advertise the treatment as a Dermalogica one then you will need to buy their equipment I would think as all the heaters and stones are different.

I would buy the stones and heater elsewhere, and just check with insurance comany that it is still covered, as you have been trained to do hot stones. Clients will prob not be concerned with whether or not it is dermalogica, you can rename the face/body treatment, but still use some dermalogica products if its in the facial if you wish.Goodluck:)

Latest posts

Back