Hot wax for facial waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone, really appreciate all the advice!

You're not alone, I agree that strip wax gives far better results on the face. It's just that clients think that hot wax is superior to strip wax (not true).

It's become very much Good Wax v Bad Wax and that's sad as strip was wax is amazing but only on certain body parts. Hot wax is best for sensitive areas and coarse hair.

Perron Rigot have several great hot waxes and they also have one that's specifically for the face called Visage.

Hi Kim, may I ask your advice on Visage. This is for me, I have tried every make of wax, from strip wax, Euroblonde, lavender, tea tree, not using after wax, using it, Sudocream etc. I get horrendous spots after waxing my top lip. I may even stop having to do it now. Did it yesterday, have woken up with 7 this morning. Looks like I have got a very bad case of acne. I'm 43!!!xx

Hi Kim, may I ask your advice on Visage. This is for me, I have tried every make of wax, from strip wax, Euroblonde, lavender, tea tree, not using after wax, using it, Sudocream etc. I get horrendous spots after waxing my top lip. I may even stop having to do it now. Did it yesterday, have woken up with 7 this morning. Looks like I have got a very bad case of acne. I'm 43!!!xx
Hiya. Apply nappy rash cream straight after waxing and see if that does the trick. x

Sorry I'm not Kim!

Have you considered a rosin free wax? It may help!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a few girl friends that react like this and a lot of them find taking some anti histamine often helps to settle the skin and makes a huge difference for some clients combined with a post wax product to soothe like the PR refreshing gel.. It works great for some of my male clients with areas like the chest etc..

I use Hive - Sensitive Hot Film.

It took me a while to get use to it but I love it! goes a long way.
:Love:

Latest posts

Back