Hot wax temperature?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracie b

Reaction score
hello,
I have just started to use hot wax pellets to try on a few of my brave clients who are going to be my "testers" to see if they get on with it. I trained with it but was a good few years ago and it seems they have come along way since then. My concern is the temperature of the hot wax. My Babyliss twin pot heater is numbered temperature not digital. So Im dinding it difficult to figure out the correct setting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If succesful I shall be looking into a good quality hot wax and heater if needed.
Thankyou

I usually have it just under medium. I use Adam&Eve wax and find it best when middle is still fairly solid and surround melted if that makes sense. It should stay on your spatula like a lollipop.

Thanks. Yes that does make sense. My heater is 1-10 for heat. My WARM wax would be normally a good safe heat at 4-5 max.

I used the babyliss heaters where i used to work and had them on maximum of 1 for harley hot wax. It just went way too hot and runny if any higher. Now i have a digital heater which is much easier! X

Oh really 1 ! I thought would need to be same as warm or higher. Thanks.

Different brand of wax have different melting points.

Kirstie's right it does depend on the brand but i found the babyliss heaters way too hot! Id never even have my warm wax on anything above 2! X

Latest posts

Back