How about a passion week ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
ok so there seems to be a bit of a funny feeling on geek at the mo and i am in no doubt it will pass really soon :green: but heres just an idea to maybe fun things up a bit ..
how about we all think of something we like doing ie .. color , hair up etc.. and do a step by step and put it in the articles ? just to get us focused on what we actually like doing .. i have seen some beautiful hair up pics lately from a really talented girl and i am gonna try recreate them .. be it on a mannequin which aint great but it gives the idea
so opinions please my geekys pals .. is this a good idea or a pants one ?

It's a great idea - but don't you have to be a premium member to post an article?

I keep promising to do some youtube how to's. What does everyone want to see? I can speed-highlight, extensions, cut or hair up?

Basic colouring would be a tad boring.

dont think you have to be preemy ? i have done an article / tutorial before i think it might be still on .. it wasnt the best in the world but it was of informal loops ..
just checked its under member tutorials
dawn you do what ever you feel like you want to , i am sure anything would be fantastic , i just thought it would be nice to get a bit of oompf going :lol: xx

This is a great idea!!
Id love to see new/different techniques of anything!
Maybe Cutting/Styling of hair extensions... I Know how to blend and frame the face, but sometimes clients want a bit more, I get scared because I dont want to ruin my hours of hard work.
:)
xox

Loving this idea:)
persianista, I would love to see how you do easimeche and flood hair surrounding them up close iykwim:eek:
Thats what I'm trying to figure out how to do.
I would also love to see tutorials on slicing and weaving and when to use either.
I only ever learned weaving.
As for what I could do......em....I'm really good at blowdrying any type of hair:rolleyes:

well you can do a blowdrying tutorial hun on some different styles ? i am pants at blowdrying , lol

I keep promising to do some youtube how to's. What does everyone want to see? I can speed-highlight, extensions, cut or hair up?

I would love to see you highlighting short hair. You had mentioned this in another post, I can't remember which exactly. You had said about meching? I foil some very short hair and it's very fiddly, although the job gets done, and I'd love to see an easier way to do this.

I would love to see any quick advanced colouring techniques :)
I have got a bit set in my ways just doing full head/ half head foils etc xx

I would love to see any quick advanced colouring techniques :)
I have got a bit set in my ways just doing full head/ half head foils etc xx

Totally agree with you here, its so easily done!xx

I would love to see step by step hair put ups. X

Hair ups x

I know! I guess I just 'play safe' these days..I was a lot more adventurous when I worked in salons but since I've gone mobile and had children I'm terrified of being left behind with things xxx

I would love to see hair ups and speed highlighting please :)

..... Actually thinking about everything . I love seeing how different stylists techniques x

well i dug my mannequin out and had forgot its got a layered bob ! so no hair ups from me until i can get a long hair one .. might try pop to wholesalers tonite and see if i can get one x

Latest posts

Back