How are we all doing with our resolutions???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Was just wondering how everybody who made and/or posted on here their New Years Resolutions is getting on?

Considering we're not that far into 2010 yet I'm quite pleased with how mine are panning out :green:

This is what I wrote last month: On a personal level, my resolutions are to:

1. Try & wear more colours other than blue. Now a lot of this depends on what the shops have but I will at least try & be drawn to other colours, lol Woohoo, I bought a couple of purple tops today!! (Actually I couldn't resist & bought a couple of blues tops as well!)
  2. Not be so much of a pushover. I'm one of life's nice people & unfortunately others try & take advantage of that. I only take so much though then beware! Still working on that one
  3. Try & find a decent fella who I actually fancy. Last year was a case of fancying the 'bad boys' & not fancying the decent ones! Hmm Been seeing someone really nice for a few weeks now
  4. Keep up with gym. I've been really good so far although I've only been going 7 weeks. AND I weigh less than before Christmas :green: Didn't manage to get there last week cos of half term but went yesterday.
  5. Keeping up with no.4 might help with no.3 :)
On a business level:

1. Be a bit more work focused. Last year my younger daughter was only 1/2 days at school so I didn't get chance to do a lot of what I wanted. But, she will now be full time which means I have more time for work
  2. I'm embarking on some new marketing initiatives with which I'm planning on increasing my salon turnover by at least 20% Getting there
  3. Promote & increase business with my Sparkle & Glitz Children's Pamper Parties This is going really well atm, now trying to sort out a website so I can do even better with more bookings. Going on a course next month to learn how to make bath smellies so we can offer that as a party option.
  4. Promote & increase my spray tanning & pamper parties aspect of business Spray tanning is a bit slow but have got a couple of pamper parties to do this weekend
  5. Go to more networking events to help with the above Not enough as yet as too busy implementing other work. Having said that, I'm off to a seminar/workshop thingy on Sunday & have booked a couple more to go to.
  6. Not to be sidetracked with other business ideas! Haven't been so far, lol
  7. Stick with what I know!!! Hmmm
Let's re-inspire everyone!

Last edited:
My resolution was to make people realise I am not a doormat and I am fed up of being walked over by everyone. It didn't work - I am still a doormat and it is not something I feel strong enough to change!

On another level I resolved to get some qualifications this year in various subjects as well as my nails. I have been looking at an Open University degree in criminal psychology which I can get credits off because of my psychology qualifications wooop :)

Latest posts

Back