How can I get hold of Wella Instamatic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbylouisa

Reaction score
So as the title states im desperste to try the instamatic range but both a&f and sallys dont stock it in my area? Neither have heard of the range.
I emailed sallys and asked when would they bring it to their yeovil store and they've saod march 2015!

I cant wait that long lol. Is there any other way of getting my mitts on a few of these colours?
Im itching to try it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love those colours they are so nice !

Yes just type it in google and other suppliers have them in stock.

Wouldn't bother, mine have been so rubbish that Wella have asked for them back to test them!

Really what happened? Ive seen a swatch on YouTube and it looked incredible :( gutted

Yeah they look fantastic on shade guide, you tube & anything Wella post on social media. unfortunately the reality is they are pants. Waiting for tests to come back on my tubes. Will update when I know what the results are

Do you think it is a response to the hairchalk tend? The colours look quite dusty from what I've seen. They look they could be mixed easily with normal demi permanent but normally pastel tones don't last long and I have noticed many colourists don't think about underlying pigment when using them.

Would be interest in hearing people experiences with this product.

I've heard very mixed reviews on them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hair needs to be a REALLY clean level 10 so even tone before using them. Leave them on full dev time to notice a difference, they don't last that long though I've found.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415545817.922187.jpg
I used muted mauve and smokey amethyst on my client with colour ID. We pre-lightened to palest yellow and then used the instamatic with 1.9%. Lighting was rubbish sorry! The result was so soft - the smokey amethyst was quite an icy tone where the muted mauve is a gorgeous smokey pinky tone.

I have also tried the same tones on a natural warm level 8 and it toned the warmth but that was all. Don't give up on them. They are great but do not last many washes. I think of them as a filter on the hair. They are great for colour correction too!

Do you think it is a response to the hairchalk tend? The colours look quite dusty from what I've seen. They look they could be mixed easily with normal demi permanent but normally pastel tones don't last long and I have noticed many colourists don't think about underlying pigment when using them.

Would be interest in hearing people experiences with this product.

Yeah they are supposed to be dusty and chalky. I like them, I think they're good for shows and creative hair work, but for clients I don't think they last long enough. They are very pastel though, much more than it looks on the shade chart.

I used perfecton on q client before using the link dream, I mixed /6 and /5 too see if it would hold more, but haven't seen her yet to see how long it lasted x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm loving instamatics but like people have said they don't last very long. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415620309.769123.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415620329.253964.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415620346.823350.jpg

This is a pic of mine I have smokey amethysts and pink dream xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415620529.364718.jpg

These are so beautiful! Goes to show though that you really need a clean 10 base to get the results!

Love this! Wish i could get hold of some. Id love mine that kind of colour

You need such a clean base to have success with these, truth be told a clean 10 is the best for success. Anything below a 10 or with ANY tone & they just act as a neutraliser

I think tbh wella is responding to a bit of a fad, but i guess its good for them to branch out seeing as they have quite a classic range, no semi permanent unnaturals or coloured conditioners etc.

I'm trying it for the first time. Will let you know how it goes.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415803934.558081.jpgpink dream on the underneath. The bright pink is koleston

Latest posts

Back