How can I make a midnight blue colour with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
So, a client has requested 'a midnight blue with a bit of sparkle'. Guess which shellac colour I don't have ....

Does anyone have any layering suggestions?

Many thanks
:)

Try Blackpool with Negligee... a dark blue with shimmer. If she wants sparkle you could try Mother of Pearl over it...

Can you use an additive with the colours you do have?

Midnight Swim is pretty much a midnight colour already. A layer of Mother of Pearl over it would add the sparkle. :)

Midnight Swim is pretty much a midnight colour already. A layer of Mother of Pearl over it would add the sparkle. :)

If you look above she says guess which colour she doesn't have, hence why she's trying to find a comparison :wink2:

I agree with Blackpool and Negligee, it's a gorgeous navy blue and then yes, MOP or Silver VIP over would give lovely sparkle :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies! That's great :)

Try azure wish with blue haven additive makes a lovely royal blue (if your client doesn't mind lol) x

So after some experimentation I went with Overtly Onyx plus Cerulean Blue additive and Silver VIP. I think its lovely - I might have to have this myself! :D

737155_420171201427926_2053239871_o.jpg

Deep blue additive works a treat over blackpool. Really pretty.

If you look above she says guess which colour she doesn't have, hence why she's trying to find a comparison :wink2:

I agree with Blackpool and Negligee, it's a gorgeous navy blue and then yes, MOP or Silver VIP over would give lovely sparkle :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

D'oh! As helpful as a chocolate teapot!

Try blackpool with deep blue additive and silver vip status on top its AMAZING! I love it!!:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back