How dark can you take Tandare 14%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gattia

Reaction score
Just wondered if there is a maximum amount of DHA drops that you can add, is 18% the darkest you can take it and if you added more than 4 drops per 100ml would they just not work?

You can take it to any % you want, the more you add the higher the % you will gain,
it will still work how ever many drops you add,
you do need to be aware that if you give skin a DHA overload the result will be orange though,
so if you have taken some one up to 18% and it was still not dark enough just go up in baby steps (1% at a time) until you find the limit that their skin can take before starting to go orange, hth :hug:

Thanks for that. Its a pale male client who has had the Max taken up to 14% with drops before but he said when he washed the guide colour off late the next day he just wasn't dark enough but he wasn't orange either so he's been in tonight and I have done Tandare 14% plus 2 drops in 100ml. He looked lovely and brown when he left. I think he just wants to be really dark and I dont think he's bothered if he does go orange. He is quite young and his mum thinks his skin just doesn;t take fake tan well. Could this be the case?

Its all down to our acidity levels/pH levels as to how well the tan will take,
a spray tan takes better on skin that is slightly sweaty, so if he is jumping in the shower half an hour before getting his tan this will be why it hasn't taken so well,
99% of clients need to be educated about this as most will come to us freshly showered, which is nice and respectful to us, but not a great base for a tan,
see how he goes now you have taken it to 16% but if he gets a light effect this time you need to have a word with him about not showering just before a tan, hth

Funny you should say that as last time he did shower directly before his tan even though I asked him not to but this evening I asked his mum to ring him to remind him not to shower so I know on this occasion he was ok. :eek: This is going to be interesting now to see if his tan takes better plus I think he could deal with what most of us might consider to dark. I think he wants to look fake tanned, not natural. Will let you know x

Just wondered if there is a maximum amount of DHA drops that you can add, is 18% the darkest you can take it and if you added more than 4 drops per 100ml would they just not work?

Well in theory you could simply spray on the booster drops...at 35% that should be dark enough :eek:

The reality is we all have different capabilities of our skins reacting to DHA and not one of us has the same overload point.

The skin chart you find and the recommendations made by the various brands and therapists are merely a guide line.

There are exceptions to the rule of course and there are many a fair skinned individual who can take a higher percentage than a darker skinned individual.

There really is knowing until you have tried individual by individual :hug:
Of course the % ceiling is also dependent on the DHA quality..brand A could go higher in numbers but this is simply because the quality or purity of the DHA isn't as good as brand B who tops out at a lower figure.

So the answer unfortunately is one that needs to be found individual by individual and brand by brand.

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back